Sunday, February 6, 2011

Facebook

The persistent peer pressure of many of you, coupled with sheer curiosity finally got to me. I caved and joined the Facebook crowd on Monday. About 5 years late to the party but I arrived, however, not before grandma Holdaway beat me to it. Dang it. Made me look bad. Haha. The first 24 hours I reconnected with so many friends. The excitement of long lost friends sucked me in and I went a little (read: a lot) overboard. I learned that me + cabin fever + new 'toy' = disaster. I'm sure some of you were planning an intervention. A day of self imposed computer detox yesterday allowed me to step back and restore balance in my life. Despite the rocky start, I think this is going to be a great way to stay in touch with family and friends from high school, BYU, St. Louis, and Dallas no matter where the future takes me. It will also give me a change in pace from my travel log/baby blog, which is basically what this has turned into. If you haven't already, find me and 'friend' me!

2 comments:

  1. funny stuff shilo! i did that too. just keep pacing yourself! i still have a love/hate relationship with facebook b/c it can suck you in too long, too easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the "re-connecting"---Friendships make life rich!!

    ReplyDelete