Wednesday, May 18, 2011

18 months old!

Last night we went to Lowe's, our home away from home, and bought all our bathroom tile and supplies for our 1st big house project this weekend. Dylan doesn't mind going because he loves the race car carts! Dylan went to his 18 month check-up today. Here are the stats:


Height: 35 inches (When I asked for a percentage Dr. Walker said, "Top of the chart. There is no such thing as 100%, but he is over 90%" Not bad for a kid born in the 3rd percentile. He is exactly 1/2 of my current height. Math problem for the day: Dylan + Dylan = Shilo)

Weight: 27.14 lbs (75th percentile)

Head Circumference: 19 cm (75th percentile)

And for the run down of latest and greatest:

*New words: "Tie" (His suit tie), "Home Wun" (Home Run), "Mak" (Milk), "Poonah" (Spoon), "Buddah" (Bird), "Boonah" (Balloon), "Tia" (Tortilla), "Cuck/Tuck" (Truck), "Bawk" (Book), "Pah" (Pass - During basketball games Autrey will commentate and say Dribble, Pass, and Shoot, which cracks Dylan up.)

*He loves to count "2, 3, wee!" before he goes down the slide himself or when he wants to be tickled because I always count before I do it.

*While reading his book about opposites I said "up" and he said "down," I said "day" and he said "night" before I turned the page.

*He refers to any piece of fruit as "apple," except bananas, to which he says, "mena". He has a food shape book and learned to say "peda" (pizza) and "ovoh" (oval).


*At breakfast the other day he said, "Sa-reahl pease, mama." (Cereal please, mama.")

*He loves trains. When he sees or hears a real one, a toy, or a picture he will say, "Choo choo."

*He sings "E-I-E-I-O" in the right spots during Old MacDonald or when he is all by himself. It will also frequently occur when we are reading animal books. He will sometimes go "Moo moo moo" because that is the first animal I sing about. He also tries to sing along other songs with Autrey and I. He usually gets the melody and then rambles, interjecting a few words. At the end of ABC he will say "Now I now I now I" (Now I know my...). He also does it for Twinkle, Twinkle since they have the same melody.

*The kid loves books. His favorite is "Old Black Fly," an ABC book that constantly repeats "Shoo fly. Shoo fly. Shoo!" He asks for "Shoo Fly Shoo Fly" EVERY time I go to read him a story. I know the book by heart. Sometimes he requests additional readings during playtime by finding it, bringing it to me, putting it in my hand, saying "a peda" (please), and plopping on my lap. No mistaking his desires there.

*He knows he is not supposed to throw food and will say "No no fow foodah" before or after he does it. Now I am taking him out of the high chair when he does it to break him of it. It's gotta stop.

*When people clap or cheer, he joins in...loudly.

*He loves pretending to talk on the phone using my phone, old phones, toy phones, calculators, remotes, etc. and loves when I 'talk' on them. My fake conversations (and many of my real ones) usually end with "Love you. Bye." Now when we say, "I love you" he will quickly say, "Bye!"

*He folds his arms for prayers.

*He does the Patty-cake motions. Not exact, but very cute.

*He pats my head and says "head".

*Dylan will say "poo poo" just before or after he poops.

*He loves his "Nommy". If we are in the car for more than just a short ride he starts asking for him, thinking that is where we are going. Also, as we are walking up the stairs to our apartment or whenever the car stops and turns off he will say, "We're home!"

*In Austin over Easter Dylan would say, "Eh ah you, Papa?" (Where are you, Papa?) and run around the corner to find him. Now he will say, "Weh ah you, airpane?" (Where are you, airplane?) if it disappears behind the trees.

*When I say, "Where are you, Dylan?" he will run around the corner and shout, "I see you!"

*Dylan loves to squat walk to sneak up on things (like people and squirrels) and to be funny. He has plenty of personality and makes us laugh. Nursery, here we come!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! He's amazing! He's going to be taller than both you and autrey! He DID get your tall genes! :) Hey at gymnastics we learned how to "teach"/position a child to slide down without tipping backwards or falling off the end. If you're interested, give me a call. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY DAY!! one of my favorite things he says..... He is doing so well. as are you and Autrey with his growth and development!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Kristen, I'd rather let him get banged up. Of course I'm interested, silly girl. :)

    ReplyDelete