Thursday, September 1, 2011

Houston Children's Museum


We drove down to Houston last week to meet up with all the Duke crew. Matt and Autrey joined us for the weekend, but the rest of the week it was just the girls and 5 cousins...and Doug at night. Between sick/teething kids, nap schedules, and all the effort involved in going out and about most of the time we stayed and played at Mimi and Papa's. No problem there. Mimi has a pool and lots of toys. Dylan played with the trucks and kitchen set "making food" most of the time.

Eating at the 'big kid table': Treat time. They love Mimi's suckers:However, we did visit Mimi at her school, go shopping, and spend an afternoon at the Woodlands Children's Museum. The museum was the only place I really took any pictures, and as you can see Dylan was having way too much fun playing to hold still and look at me. I'm glad he loved it so much!

What I really wish I had pictures/video of are the morning dvd workouts Lori, Allyson, and I did with the 5 kids in the room. It really kicks it up a notch when you have to avoid stepping on kids/toys and have your kid climbing on you as soon as you get down on the ground to do sit-ups or push-ups. Tommy was an excellent trainer. He kept yelling, "Jump, Shilo. Jump!" and I didn't stop. Pretty funny. Today I started day 1 of the P90X workout. Brutal. Way harder than anything I've done before and I'm out of shape. Should be fun. I wish I could borrow Tommy so he could keep me motivated. Although Dylan does a great job keeping me hydrated. He hands me my water bottle about every minute or so. Such a great little helper.

2 comments:

  1. A great time together!! I know you will miss Matt and Allyson being close.

    ReplyDelete