Monday, June 16, 2014

Colton's 2nd Birthday Party!

My baby turned 2...a month ago.  We had his Fun in the Sun BBQ party on Mother's Day weekend, but a week later I was in the hospital with a severe kidney infection, three days after I was released we drove to Houston so I could help Mona with her two week preschool summer camp, and I've been playing catch up the last week.  Anyway, Colton had a fun family birthday.  Since Matt and Allyson lived with us for 8 weeks every day seemed like a party for the kids, but that day we added some cake.  And Mimi and Papa came up, which is always fun.  Colton loves water and hamburgers, so this party was a hit:







 To get the boys to look at me Autrey was lifting up his shirt.  Monkey see, monkey do:






 Putting his head under the shallow water to search for treasure:











 The water balloon fight:





The water balloon Matt threw bounced off the house and got him soaked.  So funny:
After the big explosion, Colton vacated the splash zone for the second one.  He's smart:
The spread:
 My favorite part is the chips and fruit in the pails with shovels:

 Playing with his new pirate water table from Mimi and Papa:
 
 The vacuum from G-ma and G-pa was too cool to hold still.  Action shot:





  Now THAT'S a party!
 Mother's Day:

 Kisses while holding the fingerprint votive candle holders Mimi helped them make:


Happy birthday to my silly, chatty, cuddly, adventurous, curious, energetic, shoe loving, book enjoying, crazy dancing, always jumping, ball throwing, hamburger eating, "I do it," wants-to-be-a-big-boy Colton. Love my little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment