Saturday, January 9, 2016

End of 2015 Update

They had college team day at school right after my last update.  Naturally, Dylan went as a Duke basketball player:
Colton: "I'm on the Army team!"
 Autrey made kettlebell weights out of balls, concrete, pvc pipe, and glue:
 32 lb basketball and 14.5 lb soccer ball:
 The Garage Gang gettin' it done: 
I PRed at 205 lb deadlift (up 30# since May), 155 lb squat (up 30# since May), 110 lb bench press (Up 25# since May):
My girls, post workout:
Running group:
 Our favorite turkey, Ms. Marissa:

We went to Gavin Parker's wedding right before Thanksgiving.  The Westfield boys:
My nap buddy.  I've been too busy to nap with Colt as much as I would like to lately, but it's a good day when I get to snuggle with this little cuddle bug:
Colt and I went to cheer Dylan and the other kindergarteners on in their Boosterthon fun run:

I got a kick out of the last part of Dylan's homework and sent this picture to Mimi:
Some words of comfort, especially since I just had my surgery to remove my uterine septum on Thursday and I hurt all over.  It has been a long 2 years for many reasons.  But I will continue to press forward and smile and make the most of the hand I've been dealt.  If I focus on the good I know that even in my tough times I still have a pretty good life and I'm never alone:

Dylan 6 year stats:
 
height: 48.4 in, 95%
weight: 58 lbs, 95%
blood pressure: 98/67
size 6/7 clothes and size 1 or 2 shoes
 
*In November, Dylan was so congested and had blown his nose so much it was bloody and scabby.  My new friend, Danielle Bakic, gave me some essential oils samples (lavender and melaleuca in coconut oil).  We had all also had sinus and breathing trouble for a month.  And that is how I started up with doTerra oils. 
 
*Dylan was singing Frosty the Snowman and it sounded like he sang "...with a corndog pipe and a button nose..."
 
*During the Reindeer Romp we were maneuvering through the crowd and got stuck behind some slow people.  Dylan looks to the right and says to me, "We can squeeze up there.  Think skinny."  I shouldn't say that to him anymore, but the way he used it on me was funny.
 
*Dylan gave a talk in Primary entitled "Jesus is the Savior of the World".  I held the pictures for him and helped him with his words.
 
*D: "Can we have hot chocolate?"
  Me: "Not tonight."
  D: "But that's what we do in our family (during December)."
  Me: "You're right.  Ok."  He knows of my weakness for family traditions.
 
*The Hecht's are moving and gave us some of their China.
  C: "What are those plates?"
  Me: "They are breakable plates."
  D: "They are CHINESE."
 
*Dylan avoided pooping at school because he didn't trust himself to wipe without me "double checking".  Then he had an accident in November during the last 10 minutes of school when he tried to hold it until he got home.  I stopped double checking for him so he had to do it himself all the time and he hasn't had a problem since.
 
*D: "They kissed.  They're married?!?"
 
*One of his Legos had thrusters.  He was saying flusters/frusters, but G-ma got him to say thrusters.
 
*D: "G-ma, what's your middle name?"
  G-ma: "Kaye."
  D: "G-ma Kaye Miller."
 
*D: "Miss Hunter has The YouTube Internet."
 
*Dylan got the BAM Award (most improved) for his class at the 2nd 6 weeks school assembly.
 
*Dylan accidently called the pilgrims penguins instead. 
 
Colton update:
 
*C: "I love tech-a-nology."
 
*Talking about flu shots with Colt:
  Aut: "Was Dylan brave?"
  C: "Yes."
  Aut: "Were you brave?"
  C: "No."
  Aut: "Did you cry a little?"
  C: "No. I cried a lot."
 
*After I ignored Colton's whining, he stopped and said, "I don't get what I want when I whine."
  Me: "Bingo."
 
*Me: "Stop faking it."
  C: "I'm REALing it."
 
*Looking at G-ma's pillows on the chair: "My bum hurts.  I need to sit on something fwuffy (fluffy)."


No comments:

Post a Comment