Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 34 Update

I have made it to 34 weeks. That's quite an accomplishment for me. It's amazing that it's already been 5 weeks since my hospital episode. My concept of time has become somewhat warped due to being on bed rest. It hasn't been fun being sidelined at home all day, but it has been a blessing in many ways. For one thing, I am able to sleep until my eyes pop open. Unfortunately, my eyes pop open more than they should leaving me feeling less rested than I would like. However, I know I would be way more tired if I was still working and getting up early to an alarm. Also, I would be around the kids and all of their germs if I was teaching every day. The swine flu has taken its toll in our area, so I am glad I am safely quarantined. This afternoon I went to both of my doctor appointments. Dylan now weighs in at 1 oz. under 5 lbs. and is probably about 18 inches long. Yes, he is still breech. He gets the hiccups 1-2 times every day. Either that or he has a great sense of rhythm. His favorite game is Tag. When the nurses put the heart rate monitor on me, Dylan likes to kick it (his way of saying "you're it!") and move around so we have to "chase him" and find his heart beat again. Invariably he will kick it again so the game continues. He sure likes to make things interesting!

7 comments:

  1. It was fun to spend the afternoon with you and get to see Mr. Cutie-Pie-Dylan live and somewhat in person! Thanks for letting me tag along! It is a great accomplishment that you've stayed on bedrest for 5 whole weeks! Next week we will celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so glad you are both doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are very happy for the great news!! Only 2 more weeks for the big 36 milemarker!! I agree as to the silver linings to your bed rest time!! Coming home with a baby is coming closer to a reality!! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that did go fast! Way to GO!!!!! thats funny that he kicks the monitors. Noah decided to NOT MOVE when mine were on. so he was saying "try and find me I DARE you"! Did the Dr say there was any changes?? Have you progressed labor wise?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shilo- I am so happy for you. I cant wait to see that little guy. Hey I need your address so I can mail you a little something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hows it going? Are you still pregnant??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, no my dad wasnt anything he was wearing my nicese wig he was just being funny... How are you??/ Are you on FB yet?? you need to be I could write on your wall every day.. HEEHEE...

    ReplyDelete