Monday, March 21, 2011

Phoenix Golf Trip

This past week we went on a golf trip to Phoenix with the Duke crew. We stayed in a nice rental house that was beautiful but NOT kid friendly. Between the stairs and the landing areas there were 8 areas inside the house with stairs Dylan tried to fall down. I counted. That didn't include the steep driveway or stairs up to the pool. A case of false advertising that turned into a comedy of errors for the 3 kiddos. Makes a funny story. Anyway, we had a lot of fun swimming and playing around town.
At the Phoenix Zoo:At the zoo "Little People" playground:
Mini-Golfing at Cracker Jax (I don't have any pictures from the REAL golf courses since the girls/kids opted out). Tommy is turning into a golf prodigy, but Dylan was more interested in the landscape and taking everyone's balls. Maggie and Tommy were really patient with him this trip:
I think Lori and Allyson look great, but I'm sure they're going to love me for including this one. Lori is due April 21 and Allyson is due June 16.
At the driving range:
In St. Patrick's Day green:
We went to a place that had an aquarium and zoo. Dylan was pretty brave at the petting zoo:

Added bonus to the trip is that Autrey's old roommate, Pat Hobbs, and his wife, Anndalyn, live in Phoenix with their 3 kids (one named after Autrey) and so does my BYU roomie, Alison Merritt. Autrey watched Dylan on Friday and I got a 'hall pass' to party with her all. night. long. I'm too old to stay out that late, in any time zone. I had to take a post party nap the next day and could use a few more. Weak sauce, I know. But totally worth it to be with my twin for her birthday.
Dylan's 1st big carousel at a local amusement park:

Still happy half way through the ride...
...then he got scared, but didn't cry. I didn't mind. He gives great squeezy hugs!

Thanks for a fun trip, Mimi and Papa!

2 comments:

  1. That was so wrong Shilo! We need to set some picture rules!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man! i'm so jealous of you. i want to go to AZ and play with Ali. looks like fun. and p.s. you look great!

    ReplyDelete