Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Break in PA

It has been a whirlwind 2 1/2 weeks. On the 11th we drove down to Houston to stay with Doug and Mona and have a reunion with the guys Autrey grew up with. The next week we were in Phoenix. Flew home, unpacked, did laundry, repacked, and Dylan and I flew to PA 1 1/2 days later to spend a week with my parents, Desiree', Kristen, Ashlyn, and Jackson. We went to the YMCA, of course:

Looking at Dylan's face playing, you would never expect he would have to go to urgent care 24 hours later (on my birthday) due to a double ear infection. We ended up celebrating my birthday every day this trip except my actual birthday. Because Dylan was in a lot of pain and very clingy, we stayed home most of the time hanging out, eating way too much, and watching movies in 'G-ma's infirmary'. Luckily we had fit in 2 shopping trips before Dylan needed constant attention. Since my closet is full of clothes I don't really wear I am excited to 'Rambo clean' it this week to make room. Ashlyn more than made up for Dylan's lack of energy. Such a cute girl:


Video of the 3 kiddos 'playing' the piano:


Don't bother pointing out I am wearing the same thing in all the rest of the pictures. I know. Reason being they were all taken Monday, the day before I left. That day I got to see a few people from high school. I visited with Kristin True (Runyon) and little Tabitha while Dylan took a much needed long nap:


Kristin Sassaman, Tiffany Metzler, and Coach Brown came over for a mini basketball team dinner. Standing by them makes me feel like less of an Amazon woman. Funny thing is, we are all wearing flat shoes:


That night we had another birthday cake. It was a good ice cream cake, but wasn't nearly as good as the pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting Kristen made earlier.


It's a good thing she made it, because the day we arrived she accidently ate my Boston creme doughnut in addition to hers, not realizing I hadn't eaten mine yet. It is my favorite kind and I had to settle for sugar-free pudding that night instead. It became the joke of the week. Mom went back to Giant's bakery and I still ended up getting 2, but not the 4 Kristen did. Here are the antics associated with me attempting to enjoy my 2nd one:


Fighting off the savages:


Ya got some in your teeth, sis. Payback:


Cuddling in the comfy chair:


Thanks, G-ma and G-pa, for a trip full of laughs and helping with my sick kidlet! PS-The ear plugs and beanie idea worked pretty well on the plane so Dylan didn't scream the entire time with the pressure.

2 comments:

  1. We loved the time we had---infirmary and all! We love and miss you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a ton of fun! I wish I could have visited too! P.S. the Y looks WAY more fun than when I did gymnastics there years ago

    ReplyDelete