Thursday, March 22, 2012

29 Week Curse

It happened again. The Monday after I hit 29 weeks I was, once again, sent to the hospital to stop preterm labor. I'm 2 for 2. Starting Friday at 5am I got REALLY sick and couldn't keep anything down or in. My abs got quite a workout. Because I got dehydrated I began having more and more contractions. When I called the doctor on Monday they told me to come in immediately and that I would most likely need to go to the hospital for fluids. After posting a frantic message on Facebook requesting babysitting help that created quite a commotion among family and friends (again, REALLY sorry about that. I had an awful sense of deja vu that got the better of me.) I met Autrey at the doctor's where my contractions were consistantly 7 minutes apart. The short version is we walked next door to Labor and Delivery, waited forever, and got 2 IV bags of fluid and some Procardia (high blood pressure medication that they use to stop contractions, but makes me woosy because I have lower blood pressure). They did an FFN test that came back negative, meaning I would most likely not go into labor within the next few weeks. Also, my cerclage was intact and I wasn't dialating so I was free to go home 5 hours later without additional anti-contraction IVs, shots or dreaded steroid shots like last time in my 4 day hospital stay. Yesterday was the first day I started to feel functional/human. I count my blessings that my ward has been so willing to bring in meals and take care of Dylan while I was out of commission. At my follow-up appointment with Dr. White today my fluid level was all the way up to 16 and he said that I was on modified bedrest. During my sonogram we discovered Colton is no longer breech. He is usually quite the wiggle worm, but today he was peacefully sleeping with his hands by his face. Made me smile and I remembered that all of this drama will be worth it to have another healthy baby boy. Face profile:

No comments:

Post a Comment