Monday, November 26, 2012

Halloween Visit from G-ma and G-pa

Pardon my tardiess.  List of excuses: G-ma and G-pa were here, my computer crashed, Halloween, election let-down, pirate birthday party, sick kiddos, and Thanksgiving in Disneyland.  *whew*  Since many of you have been patiently waiting for me to get caught up, here is the 1st installment...
 
Autrey mowed the lawn the day before my parents flew in.  Most people would have listened to their iPod, but Autrey let Dylan sit on his shoulders and sing "Life is a Highway" over and over again.  I guess it was more entertaining:
Video of Autrey and Colton that night:
 
After church in Dylan's new suit.  Colton weaseled out of this picture by having a major blowout on his cute outfit.  Got everything dirty except his tie and little shoes:
G-ma and G-pa were there for Colton's 1st time eating rice cereal.  Loves it:
 Video of the feeding:
Halloween spider and Halloween jammies:



G-pa and G-ma with Colton:

(Mom in one of her Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan campaign shirts, before the election, of course.  She put in a lot of time and effort, knocking on over 1,144 doors in PA, which is why I think her shirt should have said, "We've got great knockers."  Words cannot express how disappointed/physically sick we were that Obama got re-elected.  That's all I'm going to say about that so I don't get all worked up.)  




 
G-pa and G-ma brought us all pirate outfits.  They got to see them in action at our ward Trunk or Treat while they were here:
At the church party:
 
The owl cupakes I made for the cupcake walk:
Dylan fell asleep in his costume on the way home and looked so cute in his bed.  (Thanks for the pillowcase, Aunt Elaine!):
I am so excited to finally have my own set of ghosts for the yard like mom's.  Dylan loved them and they looked amazing with the spotlight on at night.  Thanks for bringing the supplies and putting them together, mom!

Silly skeletons:
G-ma helped Dylan carve pumpkins for the 1st time:
A spider and a jack-o-lantern with a BOO mouth:
It was so fun to have my parents come visit and have fun getting ready for Halloween with us, even though dad had to work most of the time, both day and night.  He is one of the hardest workers I know.  You can even hear him on a conference call in the background of this video asking his coworkers if they can hear mom and Colton chatting and making silly sounds:
  Mom and dad left before Halloween, but here we are with Brindee Blue,
Koen, and baby Beckham at the library for a spooky story time: 
For dinner we made jack-o-lantern pizzas.  My sous chef kept trying to eat all the toppings as fast as I was putting them on:
Yes, I know the ham 'pumpkin' looks more like a baby's bum:
Trick or Treating with Alice Kellar, Maiya, Derek, and Sylvie.  I am really sad they are moving next month:
While dad was here he helped Autrey get started on building us (read: me) a closet that used the space better.  Autrey was able to finish it after they left.  I love it! 
Before:
After:
From other angle:

I also made a big ruler-looking growth chart for the boys:
You can't tell here, but I used blue for Dylan and green for Colton.  So far they are on a similar growth pattern, but we'll see if that lasts. 
For fun I added G-pa, Autrey, me, and mom (in height order).  I didn't realize I had shrunk 1/2 inch.  I have always been 5'10", but not anymore.  Autrey wasn't thrilled about not being 6' like he claims to be.  Now we just need to add Mimi and Papa the next time they come since I forgot to do it when they were here for Dylan's party: 
 Aren't these Itsy Bitsy Spider handprints cute?  The little spider was very wriggly and tricky to do:
 We had a fun Halloween and loved dressing up as pirates.  We got a lot of use out of the costumes, as you will see in Dylan's pirate party post, coming up next...

No comments:

Post a Comment