Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

The Parents as Teachers program had a field trip for families to go to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch on Monday.  Dylan got to pick out a pumpkin for Colton and himself: 
 Going with these two by myself was fun, but chaotic.  It was the 2nd time I knew exactly where Dylan was but he lost sight of me and freaked.  I was parking the stroller to get on the hay wagon and he started crying that he was lost (the library was the 1st time).  He is now better at staying close to me in public, that's for sure.  At Walmart yesterday Dylan heard a boy crying and said, "That boy's crying.  He's sad.  He lost his mommy."  I almost laughed out loud in the baking aisle.  He said it again about a baby at the library storytime.  Colton screamed most of the hayride.  He had just woken up from a short nap and was not happy I wasn't going to feed him on the ride.  I was ready to jump off while it was still moving:   
Dylan doesn't like bounce houses and was a little young for the maze, but he liked to look at the wooden characters and all of the pumpkins around the patch:
Peeking out of the little playhouse:
Dylan really wanted to ride in a little wagon, so I put the stroller back in the car and pulled them around.  That lasted long enough to get a picture.  Then I ended up pulling Dylan and carrying Colton because he was too wiggly and Dylan wanted to hold the pumpkins instead.  It counted as my workout for the day.
I tried to be Supermom but next time I'll bring reinforcements.  It's a good thing they're cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment