Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nana and Maggie's Birthday Weekend in Santa Fe

We went to Santa Fe this weekend to celebrate Nana and Maggie's birthdays.  We stayed at the gorgeous Buffalo Thunder, which was conveniently next to a golf course.  I'm glad the hotel was so nice because I spent a lot of time in the room with my poor, sleeping sick boys.  They also had a beautiful pool and hot tub Autrey went to in an attempt to break up his congestion:
We ate at Rancho de Chimayo, a family favorite.  Great food.  They make their own honey, which is so good on the sopapillas.  I also loved the prickly pear frozen lemonade.  Nana and her kids: 
One of the few pictures you will see of me sporting the awful haircut I recently was inflicted with (the bangs were collateral damage of a failure to communicate): 
 We missed Matt and Allyson, who were in Utah for her stepdad's funeral.  Sending love and prayers your way, Allyson!  5 year old Maggie with her Repunzel doll:
We flew out of Albuquerque, where they happened to be holding the International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta.  Dylan was intrigued by all of the 'tiny' balloons in the sky.  When I told him there were people riding inside them I think I almost heard his little brain exploding.

No comments:

Post a Comment