Tuesday, October 16, 2012

35 Month and 5 Month Updates

Dylan 'making dinner' right alongside me with my old pans and all the empty food containers I have saved for him to play with: 
I love these jammies.  Seeing Colton in them reminds me of when I put them on Dylan just after he was born and how huge they were on him.  I was a rookie and didn't understand 0-3 month clothes wouldn't fit right away, especially with my little guys:

Big smiles and big kicks:
Woah.  That smile's too big:
That's better:
This weekend we went to the Celebrate Roanoke festivities.  Dylan was super excited about this little train, hence the reason he wanted to wear his train conductor overalls.  Why he is wearing them with a 4th of July shirt, snowman socks, and Lightning McQueen shoes that are way too big is beyond me.  What a goof:
Police doing a motorcycle demonstration.  It must be really tough because they kept falling over:

Bean bag toss:
Cookie Monster:
Sponge Bob:
'Working Tractor':
Historic Fire Truck.  Colton didn't like the hat and Dylan was too busy playing with the wooden car he watched being made and got to keep:
Pretty funny that Dylan was dressed up like McGruff:
Relaxing at home:
How can you not smile at this face?
Dylan's 35 month update:
 
*I can't believe he's going to be 3 next month.  Doesn't seem possible.
 
*He adds "or some-pin" (or something) to the end of sentences.
 
*He will say "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah" instead of just "yes," like I do sometimes.
 
*While pretend cooking: "I'm going to boil it" and "Can I steam him?  Pssssshhhh" (Referring to baby Colton while Colton was sitting in the 'Honey Pot' cooking)
 
*To a 'Counting Bear': "How was your day?  His/My day was great!  I'm going to eat you!" Then he chomps his head off and eats the rest of it.
 
*His favorite Spanish phrase lately is "mucho traffico."
 
*He told his 1st joke.  I was wiping the Play-doh off the table so he count and eat some marshmellows.  I said, "Wait.  Let me finish wiping the table so you don't eat Play-doh."  He responded, "I want to eat Play-doh.  Just kidding.  Hahaha!"
 
*Dylan didn't want to go to bed right after his bath last night so he told Autrey, "Daddy, I want to go watch baseball with you again."  Well played.  Daddy isn't going to say no to a few more minutes watching the game while Dylan quietly plays with his cars next to him.  Smart boy.
 
*Dylan: "The Holy Ghost is going away."
  Me: "Really?  Where?"
  Dylan: "To California."  Doubtful. :)
 
*We are 'reading' an illustrated child's version of the Book of Mormon with him at night before prayer.   
 
*He is finally over all of the puking and coughing sickness.  My kids rarely even spit up, so I hope to go a long time without getting puke all over me again.  Dylan did learn to cover his mouth when he coughs though.
 
*He also has learned to put the toilet seat down softly so it doesn't slam any more.
 
*He is learning to spit when brushing with regular toothpaste.  Gonna need some work.
 
*Two days at the beginning of Oct. Dylan started getting out of bed and sneaking into the playroom when he was supposed to be napping.  We had a few talks about it and he has 'been a good listener' since.  He doesn't always fall asleep, but at least he stays in his bed to rest until I tell him he can get out.
 
*I usually shop at Walmart, but I stopped at Kroger's one day since it was closer when I was running errands.  Dylan hadn't been to this particular Kroger's since we stopped there with G-ma in May, but as soon as we pulled into the parking lot he remembered the special carts and said, "I want to ride the race car!"  He held onto that memory for a long time and could tell the parking lots apart before we even got out of the car to see the carts.   
 
*A lot of my friends have kids that are friends with Dylan.  Makes it nice for the play groups, library day group, and temple/date swaps we have going.
 
Colton's 5 month update:
 
*He is wearing size 1 shoes, size 2 diapers, and 0-3/some 3 month clothes.
 
*He constantly has a 'deer in the headlights' look on his face because of his big eyes.  With his big ears and bald head, he would make a perfect little Yoda.
 
*The kid likes to suck on stuff and he's not picky about it.  His own bottom lip or a thumb, binky, blanket, toy, etc works just great.  He will stick his thumb in his mouth and go to town with it to self soothe.
 
*He has found his tongue and likes to stick it out.
 
*He still fall/rolls from a push-up to his back.  Now he goes from his back to his side, but not all the way over yet.
 
*He grasps his hands together and holds onto anything in reach.  Dylan is not a fan of baby brother pulling his shirt.
 
*He 'talks' to me while he's nursing.  Great multi-tasker.


1 comment:

  1. Come on Colton I need you to grow out of 0-3 month clothes so Christopher can use them! :) Keep growing bud!

    ReplyDelete