Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

On Saturday, I spent the morning helping with the Girls Camp rose bouquet fundraiser with the Young Women.  I loved that everyone was all dressed up as cowgirls to deliver the flowers with a singing telegram to the tune of "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission."  My favorite part was Amber, one of the cute Laurels, riding Dylan's stick pony to each house and back to my car...with sound effects.  Love those girls.  Youth callings are intense with multiple activities throughout the week.  Even more challenging because Autrey also teaches in Primary and Colton isn't in Nursery yet, and Autrey had Scouts at our house the same night as Mutual so I had to take Colton with me and make him stay out way past his bedtime.  Even still, I love those girls and my fellow leaders.  Why am I getting all mushy?  Because yesterday I just got called to be the 1st counselor in the Relief Society.  Yeah.  Me.  The girl who hasn't attended Relief Society in this ward yet.  I went from a Primary teacher straight to Young Womens, and now graduate to Relief Society.

Ok, I went to a fundraiser.  That's all you needed to know.  Moving on.  I came home and walked into the kitchen to find flowers, a rose petal message, and my boys wearing shirts that say, "My mom's outta your League" (baseball reference) and "My mom's hotter than your mom."  Autrey apparently had way too much fun with the wardrobe selection.  
 Funny side note about the flowers:  I ordered 3 half dozen bouquets with the intent of giving them to the girls I visit teach (and to support the Young Women).  I wasn't with the group that delivered my flowers and Autrey assumed I got them for myself.  I guess he thought I was out of HIS league too.  He undid all the packaging and added them to the flowers he had already picked from our rose bush to make quite an impressive display.  I know that my visiting teaching girls had spouses or home teachers get them some so I didn't feel too bad about keeping them.  But, technically, I bought my own roses.
However, the boys' shirts, the rose petal message, the cute heart triple hand print card, and lunch at the Cheescake Factory was all Autrey's doing.  He also was a huge help to me with watching 7 extra kids that night so 2 other couples we are friends with could have a much needed date night.  Those kids were all so fun and Dylan had a blast with the older ones.  

Autrey was certainly brave painting the boys' hands all by himself.  I love the sweet poem he wrote on the back of the card:

A mommy's day can be full of struggles,
But it can also be full of snuggles.
Always know that as sure as the sun rises above,
That you'll always have these helping hands,
And these hearts full of 
LOVE.
Happy Mother's Day.
Love, your boys

Life is good.  Hope you had a great Mother's Day too.  Can't wait for Mother's Day part 2 next week with my mom and sisters in PA!

No comments:

Post a Comment