Friday, November 1, 2013

G-ma's Visit and Medieval Halloween Fun

G-ma came to visit for a week!  It is the 1st time she has been here since last October.  So my house was decorated exactly the same as last time.  We fit a lot of fun and food into 7 days.  I didn't take pictures of the epic kid clothing sort/swap for mom to take to Kentucky, going to the library, playgroup at the Music Park, watching the kids the night Autrey had a Scout pack meeting and I had a Stake leadership training mtg, or making so much food we ran out of room in the fridge.  We had so much cheddar broccoli soup, Cafe Rio pork, cilantro rice, and dressing that we decided to save the roast dinner for when mom and dad come for dad's birthday in December. 

Mmmmm, pineapple burgers with sweet potato fries:
 "My Daddy's King of the Grill!"



 Mom was pushing my friend Stephanie's little boy on the swings.  We both think he looks exactly like my cousin Monique's boys did at that age:

 Colton needed a haircut.  He was starting to look like a Troll doll.  Tradition is that G-ma gets to do the 1st haircut so this trip was timed perfectly.  The spiky BEFORE pictures:



 "Where's your belly button?"
 Wet and ready to go:

 I have to say that Colton did a great job!  He held still without me having to hold him, he didn't need a show to distract him, and he didn't cry.  I did give him a sucker to buy some time for mom to finish up without him reaching up there.  He's a pretty chill kid:




Video of G-ma's ceremonial 1st haircut for Colton:
 So grown up.  No soft feathers-for-hair texture anymore.  Sniff, sniff:

 G-ma LOVES carving pumpkins and making cinnamon rolls.  We carved 4 pumpkins and made 4 dozen cinnamon rolls:
The glowing "Franken-style" and the ghost Dylan wanted to do, along with the boys' name pumpkins:
 Mimi and Papa and Matt and Allyson drove up for the weekend to go to Boo at the Zoo in Fort Worth with us.  It was fun to have everyone together.  After the Dukes left mom commented how fun it would be to see them more often.  Captain America Tommy and Sir Dylan:









 We love feeding the birds at the zoo.  Autrey just about put this bird on Lion Tyler's curly mane:










 This was about 2 seconds before Colton reached out and 'pet' the poor bird:



 "Hi, 'buhd'!"
 Riding the kangaroo statue...:
 ...semi successfully:


 After we went to Pappa's for burgers near the zoo, we went on a field trip to Cabela's.  

G-ma with her future missionaries after church:
Mom and I in our new Charming Charlie necklaces.  I have never known my mom to shop for herself for 'non essentials', so it was fun to see her buy some.  And, true to form, she made sure I didn't leave the store empty handed:
 Hello, Elder Duke:



Little Elder Duke:
 


 A little shaving cream ABC activity:

 
G-ma and G-pa gave Dylan his birthday present early.  Dylan has been asking for a scooter for months.  Now he has a Lightning McQueen one to match his bike.  He asks to ride it every day. (Side note: My mom taught me how to match my clothes as a kid.  I have now taught her not to be matchy matchy.  Love that new necklace.)

 Video of his 1st timid ride:
He got the hang of it pretty quick:

He is pretty brave and can glide on one foot now pretty well:
 At our ward Trunk or Treat.  Check out Dylan's chocolate stache he got at the cupcake walk: 
 Autrey made both of the sets of knight armor, I made Colton's dragon costume, and Aunt Elaine made my princess dress...13 years ago for Homecoming my senior year in high school:

 All they wanted were suckers:
Sir Dylan with Pirate Princess Chloe:
 My dear Meagan with Chloe.  Chloe is my little buddy.  She calls me 'mom' and Autrey 'dad':
 I think this eye patch fell out of the box mom and I packed to send to Kristen (her family used the pirate costumes we used last year...and I can't wait to see pictures!) Colton wanted to wear it so I put on his pirate skull shorts and striped shirt and let him run around with it for fun:
I love this one of him looking at the patch:


 Getting friendly with one of our yard ghosts:
 Jack-o-lantern pineapple pizza for Halloween dinner:

No comments:

Post a Comment