Friday, July 18, 2014

Update from last 3 Months

Oh, for cryin' out loud.  I didn't realize I hadn't done an "update" since April 23.  This is going to be a doozy.  *sigh*  Well, these are the random pictures that didn't fit into a post until now.  Enjoy:
Splash Pad:

Mini golfing for Tyler's birthday:

Feeding the ducks/park FHE.  These were about the only ducks we saw.  And Colton ate more bread than they did.  Oops:



Scary monster:


Everyone's favorite uncle:
Coloring is exciting:
Coloring the spiritual scavenger hunt map during FHE.  Strippling warriors?:
Allyson and I went to story time in Southlake and were letting the boys run around the fountain afterwards when a Nothing Bundt Cake lady handed us 6 free bundtlets.  Best. Day. Ever!:
"I'm dwibing, mommy!"
Indoor animal adventure with their muscle shirts and a fake broken wrist:

So excited for a rain storm:

Cute video of the splashing.  I love that Colton would run away and then call out, "Come get me, daddy!"
Our neighbor, James, had his 1st birthday luau.  Dylan and Colton decided to dance along:
We went to see How To Train Your Dragon 2 with Pamela Turner, Kiera Mathis, Tammy Burraston, Amanda Holcomb, and all 15 of our kids (obviously not all pictured) the day before Pamela moved to Washington, D.C.  Very sad to see another dear friend move far away:
7Eleven Free Slurpee day on 7/11 after the Splash Pad:
At Koen Blue's 4th birthday party:
 Colton and Beckham racing:
 Dylan shooting anything that moved:

Dylan's highlights from the past 3 months:

*Dylan likes me to lay out his clothes for him to dress himself.

*I will ask him to do something and he will say, "Thank you for asking/reminding me."  Funny kid.

*April 30: 
Tommy: "We could get a house on the nature trail and live by you."
Dylan: "You could live on the same street as me.  That would be awesome!"
(Matt and Allyson did buy a house in Heritage and will move in the beginning of August.)

*May 1:
Tommy, watching Dylan eat his requested snack: "What does cottage cheese taste like?"
Dylan: "Delicious!"

*May 4: 
Dylan to Tyler: "If you get a new house I'll play with you."  I think he meant he would play with him at the new house, not only if he has one. :)

*On Mother's Day he said his favorite thing about me is I like to go on hikes with him.

*Dylan insisted on wearing his camo pants on a hike with Autrey.  They found a short cut and Dylan said it was his shorts that helped them find it.

*Tommy and Dylan take off their shirts to play "Tough Guys."  Tyler and Colton join in, of course.  Rough silliness ensues.

*Dylan: "You be the bad guy."
 Me: "What do I do?"
 Dylan: "Take care of the baby (Colton). He's confusing."

*Aut picked cherry tomatoes out of our garden and Dylan ate one without washing it because, "I thought the rain washed it off."

*Dylan: "Wonder Woman gives Band-aids." Yup, I sure do.

*Dylan had no cavities at the dentist.

*We were eating watermelon wedges and he said, "You gave me watermelon pizzas."

*"I can't see my eye balls.  I want to look at them."

*Original song by Dylan: "Workers want to be the best.  They want to be like Autrey.  And he can put up Christmas lights on the roof."

*Colton spilled milk and Dylan said, "There's ghost guts on the floor!"

*To get the boys up the stairs I say, "Come on Sven!  Let's climb the mountain!" And they act like the reindeer from Frozen and crawl up the stairs.

*Me: "Hola!"
  Dylan: "Olaf?" (from movie Frozen)

*Me: "That's daddy's Swiss army knife."
  Dylan: "Was daddy in the army a different day?"

*Dylan: "Where are we going today?"
  Me: "After your Reading Rest we are going to Wal-Mart."
  Dylan: "Or we could go to the Splash Pad."  Yeah.  That sounds better.

*D: "Feed my sheep."
  Aut: "Is that what Jesus did?"
  D: "Yeah.  He's a leopard (shepherd)."

*"My throat is running out of water."

*"When I grow up and be a daddy, my name will still be Dylan."

*While driving to Nana's we drove over top of a live snake.  I said, "I hope it didn't jump under the car."  Dylan responded, "I fear it has.  It will drink our gas."

*While hiking at Nana's, one of the many times that trip,  Dylan turns around and yells, "Incoming!"  No charging bear was coming, by the way.

*Dylan looked at me as we were starting our drive home from Nana's and said, "Your hair looks like a graveyard."  It was in a normal ponytail.  But thanks, buddy.

*Dylan: "I want a house like Mimi, toys like Mimi, and a car like Mimi."
  Aut: "Then why don't you go live with Mimi."
  Dylan: "That's what I'm talking about!"

*On 7/11, "Can we tell daddy about the sloppy (Slurpee)?"

*About my GPS after it finally stopped giving me frequent directions: "Why did your phone stop speaking. mom?"  He also started saying, "You have arrived" when playing with his toy cars.  

*He was playing with his cars and said, "Kids, are you all buckled up?  We're going to Southlake or the rental house."  Dylan LOVED the bunk beds at the rental in Ruidoso and still talks about them.  Happy we bought bunk beds when we were buying his big boy bed. He is going to be so excited when we put the other one up in his room.

*Dylan sings months of the year, days of the week, and my cell phone number songs.  He identifies all capital letters, most lower case letters, and all of their sounds.


Colton's highlights from the past 3 months:

*2 year old stats on May 15th (Yes, I look him for the check up with back pain and as my fever and chills were starting.  Had no idea I would be in the hospital for a severe kidney infection in 2 days with a 104.6* fever.  I am so glad Allyson was able to watch the kids during my 3 day hospital stay, and that Pamela Turner, Tiffany Hymas, Laura Biggs, and the Duke crew came to visit me while I was there.)

Head: 19.25 in, 60% (Dylan was 19.7 in, 85%)
Weight: 30 lbs, 75% (Dylan was 31.6 lbs, 85%)
Height: 35.5 in, 75% (Dylan was 36.25 in, 90%)

*May 2 (day before Lori had baby Samuel): Tooth #13 came in (top left, 2 over from front, next to molar, filling in the gap.)
May 19: Tooth #14 (bottom right, 2 over from front) and #15 (top right, 2 over from front, filling in gap)came in.
June 23: Tooth #16 (bottom left, 2nd over from middle, no more missing tooth gaps!!!)

*Colton says "Yes, sir," "No, sir," "No crying," and "Dop (Stop) it, Di-wyn!"  He also says, "Don't (s)pill" when I hand him his bowl of Honey Bee Cheerios at breakfast.  Wonder where he learned that?  Haha.

*While we were in Houston for Mimi's summer camp Colton started getting out of his portable crib, and then started getting out of his crib at home when he woke up.  But before that, when I would go in his room in the morning he would immediately say, "Daddy come back soon."

*Me: "Did you do it?"
  Colton: "Yes, I did.  I did it."

*Colton wants to do everything anyone else does.  He will watch someone, then eagerly say, "Colton turn!" or "My turn!"

*Colton and Dylan made friends with the kids at summer camp and learned their names.

*Colton loves the water and is under the impression he can swim without it.  Very, very wrong.

*After we got back from Houston, we showed Colton a video of a guy swimming under water and he said, "A dwowning" (He's drowning).  Shows how worried we were.

*June 13 he said a 5 word sentence: "I see the bus too."

*Colton can sing the D-Y-L-A-N song and the C-O-L-T-O-N song to spell their names.

*"bu-er-fwy" (fly), "shoo fwy, shoo fwy," "He dead?"  Clearly we have a lot of flies in the house from kids leaving the door open.

*Colton was on a kick for a week or two where he asked to read, "Old Black Fly" and Eric Carle's "Have You Seen My Cat?" before bed.  Then, while putting him to sleep he would tell me "Go seep" until I closed my eyes.

*Colton is in the parroting everything he hears phase.  Big time.

*"I don't want that carrot."  He prefers cooked carrots to raw ones.

*Colton asked Dylan as they were playing, "Is dat a wocket ship?"

*Recently, Colton shortened his nap to about an hour.  And gets out as soon as he wakes up to find me.

*July 10, Colton said a 7 word sentence while watching a nature show: "Do you see wee-mur (lemur) on da twee (tree)?"

*"I tongue it" (I lick it.)

*I made Rice Krispie treats one night last week and had them sitting on the kitchen island.  The next morning I came downstairs after my workout to find that Colton had gotten out of his crib, came downstairs, pushed a chair against the island, and was sitting on the island eating them for breakfast.  This kid does mischievous things Dylan would never think of.

*Dylan's room is sports themed and Colton's is construction themed.  Based on their interests, they should be switched.  But I'm too lazy, and they will be sharing a room sometime soon anyway.

The Parents:

*May was a rough month.  A few days after I got out of the hospital I got into a minor fender bender on my way to pick up Autrey at work to go to Houston for the 2 week summer camp.  There was hardly a scratch, but a claim was still filed after the lady seemed really nice and said there was nothing wrong.  Bitter. 

*We celebrated our 9th anniversary by going to the Houston temple the weekend before, since Autrey was up working in Fort Worth on our actual anniversary. 

*Our family health insurance was going up from $392.27 every two weeks by 37% with United Healthcare, so we are switching back to Blue Cross Blue Shield to pay $459.78, which is still $70 more.  Affordable Healthcare Act?  My foot.  *eye roll*  At least we have already reached our 6k deductible for the year.  

*I now cut Autrey's hair with the electric clippers as well as the boys.  So proud of myself.

*Autrey and I have been working hard and playing hard.  Autrey got his cast off and we both have been more active and eating better.  Autrey has lost about 10 lbs and I've lost 5 lbs (I didn't even factor in the 10 lbs of water weight I gained from the hospital IVs).  I know I feel healthier, stronger, happier, and more confident about myself than I have in a long time.  I weigh what I did when I graduated high school (though my body composition is WAY different) and what I got back down to before getting pregnant with Dylan in Missouri.  Lately we have been using our nights and weekends to go to Hawaiian Falls a lot, to go on bike and park adventures, to Let's Jump, to birthday parties, to play volleyball with friends, to go out on a mini-golfing/dinner/ice cream group date, and to ward temple night.  I love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment