Saturday, September 6, 2014

Solo Utah Trip

For the first time since the Miller kids started getting married and having babies, we had an adult Miller Trip for a week in August to see each other and extended family, have a baby shower for Meagan, be together in the new house, and help mom and dad get ready to move in soon.  No husbands were there (except Ken when he wasn't helping his family move from Vernal to St. George) or kids (except Gideon, in utero.  Thank you Mona and Allyson for taking care of my boys!  And thank you Danny for staying home alone with your 4!)  We missed Atim, who was in California, but we sure had fun with Desiree's boyfriend, Josh, who didn't seem too flustered with our family antics even when we put him on the spot and asked crazy things about feet and mashed potato texture preference during our family dinner.  (Yay chunky real potato texture!  Boo baby food smooth spuds! *cough* Kristen *cough*)  I like the pictures we took on Sunday in between church and Mitchell/Tommy's mission homecoming the best, so I will start there in case you don't make it through scrolling down all the pictures and videos.

1st family photo in front of the new house:
 
At the golf course club house after the family homecoming luncheon for Mitchell/Tommy:




Oldest to youngest:


Love my girls!
Since it was our 1st Pride and Prejudice Sunday..."Announcing Miss Miller (Duke), Miss Miller (Smuin), Miss Miller (Woodbury), and Miss Miller."  You'd never guess we were sitting in my parents' master shower, huh?
So mom said, "Tilt your heads a little."
Goobers:
Then it just got crazy:
Videos taken in mom and dad's master shower, with clothes, thankfully:

My cousins, Tommy Holdaway and Mitchell Riley, came home from their 3 month service mission to Idaho the same day I flew into Utah.  Perfect picture of Matu jumping in the background while waiting: 
Tommy was so excited!  Mitchell recently served his 2 year mission in Orlando, FL, but went out with Tommy this summer so he would have the opportunity to go also despite his special needs.  They had some great stories!
Random house pictures taken on mom's phone a few days before I got there.  As you can see, the house was not quite ready for us to stay in, let alone little kids.  
Garage and into dad's workshop:
Desiree' checking out the size of the island:

Door hanging day:
Officially, after a wrestling match, once the slide was attached to the wall Kristen wriggled her way past Desiree' and I down the slide 1st.  No video of that was taken, but I did get a pic and video of Mom going down on the slide, which still was not dusted off yet (hence the gym shorts):
Hanging out in the top level of the kid castle at the bottom of the stairs:
Gideon prevented Meagan from climbing up the ladder and little hole, so Ken gave her a boost:
 Kristen and I went on a jog around the park behind mom and dad's house one morning...with no jogging stroller needed!:
1st movie in the bonus room projector: Red 2.  We should have gone with one of our family favorites instead of a wild card movie, but oh well:

We had a jump rope fest one night.  So fun!
Cat and Mouse jump roping video:
Mom and Dad jumping while turning the rope themselves.  I was really impressed mom didn't hurt her back and dad could see the rope.  Dad cracks me up:
Sad that the video of Kristen, Desiree', and I double dutching all together was too long to post, but it is awesome and I will have to work on that (We will have to try again with Meagan sometime after Gideon is born).  Also, Kristen and I arm wrestling each other was too long of a video.  I promise I am not just leaving it out because I lost due to very poor technique.  It never occurred to me I might lose and should do some research.  Well played, Kristen.  I will try to get that video up here too.  Mom wanted to get in on the fun and challenged me to arm wrestle her:
The night before Meagan's baby shower we 'cleaned the floor' in our own unique way.  Ken and Boo wiping the floor:
Dusting races in socks.  Meagan played photographer since she was not able to race with us:







Yeah, we know we're weird, Ken!
2 Running/Sliding Videos:

Finding the SHMILY (See How Much I Love You) surprise mom had engraved into this cupboard and a few others in the house to remind us of when we used to write SHMILY on little papers and hide it for each other around the house in PA.  It's hard to see it in this pic:
Post races peaches.  1st jar in the new house.  1 jar, 3 forks, good times.  Sorry, Meagan, it was at the sock race after-party that spontaneously happened after you left:

At the baby shower, the 1st party in the new house:
Kristen made the cake, of course:


1st items in the new fridge.  I think it should always have those items:

Woo woo!
Meagan's friends, who have lovely names I don't remember:
Ken's mom and another of Meagan's friends.  I loved her boots!
PA friends: Sister Jensen-Beck, Grandma Charles, and Donna Rissinger:
The Manti Millers:
Aunt Evon and Grandma:
Jenny, Debra, and Aunt Sylvia:
More friends I am sure also have great names:
Aunt B:
Belly bump:
Grandma Holdaway:
Knocked up Charlie's Angels:
Jan and Aunt Joni:
Aunt JaNae, Nicole, and Breanna:
Awwww, so pretty:
Sometimes when you find your dad's high school/college corduroy pants from the 70s...

Traded the comfy corduroy pants for a skirt and headed to the Timpanogos temple:
The day before I left I met up with my dearest Meagan Kemp for the day:
She felt the need to get on the step:
We went to Leatherby's.  Mmmmmm:
Chloe and Cash are my babies.  Chloe was under the distinct impression I was there to play with her:
Love Cash's grin!
Tickle bug:
Met up with my BYU roomies that night (Nicole, Becky, Traci - with Liam, and Alison) at Becky's and then ventured over to the Purple Turtle and had ice cream AGAIN that day.  It was a good day:

We drove this around town, draggin' State:
Alison selfie:
Ali took a tour of the house and went down the slide.  Awesome static hair:
So much fun in so little time!  Can't wait until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment