Wednesday, August 12, 2015

1st half of 2015 Update

I might as well start calling these "semi-annual updates" since the last one was in January.  These are all the pictures that didn't make it into their own posts earlier in the year.  There are lots of videos.  I actually have more videos, but they are too long to post on Blogger and YouTube isn't letting me do it.  Ain't nobody got time to be messing around with that now, so here you go...

I took this picture to send to my dear friend, Meagan Kemp, because it was one of Cash's favorite sweaters he outgrew and gave to Dylan:
 Matchy-matchy at church with Mimi and Papa, who were in town for Tommy's birthday in January:
 January was the first chance I had to devote to training Colton to be a big boy, when he was about 2.5.  He did soooo well and picked it up as fast as Dylan did.  I lucked out with fairly easy transition experiences:
 Such a cute little guy:
Ice storm fun with Matthew:
The CTR cupcakes I brought to Great to be 8 and Priesthood Preview primary nights.  Yup, made them twice.  The 1st time I cut gum into the shape of ties.  I don't recommend doing that.  Frosting tastes better:
Nearly new treadmill Autrey got for free because one of his patients was giving it away. Score!:
 Valentine's Day cards I made.  Pretty proud of myself, thankyouverymuch:

Preschool party:
My treat Autrey made me.  (I had already eaten the bottom 4 before I took the picture.):
 In Feb, after my 1st failed fertility treatment (6 fails ago...*sigh*), my sweet friend, Pamela Turner, sent me chocolates, cookie butter cookie ingredients and recipes, and an apron she sewed to cheer me up from her new home in Washington, D.C.  We send care packages back and forth, but hers are way more Martha Stewart-y than mine.  She has sent me others since then with letters I read and reread often.  Pamela is just one of many who have loved me and cheered me through the last year and a half.  I love my friends and family:
 I sent Pamela this picture of her cookies after I baked them:
5 Boys + Dirt + Worms:

Trying out the new zipline park:

Learning letters and playing with water beads at Mommy School:
Love the sight word train:

Upper and lowercase matching game I made with white and clear spoons:
Proving dress up can be a manly thing.  This was taken at Giovanni's house:
Scary boys:
Strong Superman:
...SuperMEN rather:
Cute puppy:
Clark Kent glasses.  Looks more like a hipster to me.  Or Squints:
I told Colton he could move to a big boy bed after he started sleeping in underwear.  Their 1st night in the bunk bed Bat Cave was at the beginning of March.  That was another easy transition.  Not very many accidents.  Turns out I didn't need to move Colton out of the nursery so soon, but they have loved being together:

We made Greek yogurt with kiwi popsicles for St. Patrick's Day:
My birthday green chili cheeseburger, followed by cheesecake.  It was amazing.  Autrey is the best:
Cowboy Day at preschool:
Playing at the park with Carson and Patrick Madsen in April:
Temple Day in Dallas with our ward Primary:
Autrey interrupted a story I was telling to say: "Sorry, I didn't hear a word you just said.  I was fantasizing about homemade tortillas.  I think I want to make some.  Do we have lard?  Can you buy some?"  At least I know my only competition for his love is of the food variety.  His dream came true a few days later after he built his own tortilla press:
Superhero Day at Altitude, the boys' favorite:

Riding bikes:

Playing with Rogan and Jaxon:
Sensory painting fun with crazy Ms. Marissa:
Honestly, who uses RED paint?  Took me 5 scrubs and washes to get their shorts clean:




At Dylan's piano recital:
We love Ms. Kaytie Brown!
Dylan's Graduation from Parents as Teachers program:
We love Ms. Marissa!
A more accurate statement would be that he wants to be whatever Dylan is, which happens to be a police officer.  He loves his big brother:

Preschool Graduation:
Last day of preschool water party:

I made these for the kids in the class.  Perfect because Dylan's favorite food this year was applesauce:
We love Ms. Tiffany!  (Seriously, we have loved all of his teachers.)

Colton's "flip" at Altitude when we went after the last day of school:
Memorial Day weekend at Mimi and Papa's:



Video of Colton being tossed up in the air by Aut:

More Super Hero fun on Avengers Day:








Celebrating our 10 year anniversary at The Omni hotel in Fort Worth across from the Water Gardens.  We had 12 hours to ourselves thanks to Doug and Mona watching the boys:
Coffee table pillow fort:
Aunt DeeDee's old BYU shirt:
Aunt Elaine sent these cool shirts from Disneyland that change color in the sun:
At the Trophy Club pirate splash pad with Danny Kinneer after their 1st swimming lessons:




Dylan doing "Monkey, Airplane, Soldier" on his back:

Dylan doing a front crawl:
Dylan jumping off the diving board:
Colton creeping down the diving board and about to jump...when my camera battery died.  I had even checked the battery the night before, but it failed me:
Dylan swimming by all by himself:

We watched the Goold's dog, Zeus, while they were on vacation.  Our pet for the week.  On a walk around the park:
Bike ride to the construction site at the edge of the neighborhood:
I joined a Mommy Running/Training group on Thursdays with Gaby. I have only run a timed mile a few times, but my fastest time was 8:06.  Also, I look really tall:

I still go to Stephen Madsen's workout group on Tuesdays and Saturdays.  After being gone to Utah and New Mexico so long my lifting calluses had mostly disappeared.  Took care of getting them back really quickly:

We go early to Autrey's softball games so the boys can have batting practice on a real field:

Dylan hitting the ball:

Fun making bubbles with dry ice:


I found a new kitchen toy using a Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupon.  Cores, skins, and slices a pineapple in 30 seconds.  Pretty slick.  I just wish it didn't leave so much pineapple behind:
Gaby invited us to go to the Perot Museum with them downtown.  It was free since season pass members can bring guests.  It was pretty cool.  The kids trying to run away from the T-Rex:
Dylan and Colton racing the cheetah at the museum:

A few things I don't want to forget:

-Dylan's Lego obsession is still going strong.  He is under the impression daddy goes to work to get money to buy Legos.
-Dylan gave his 1st talk in Primary and paid tithing for the 1st time from what he earned doing his daily chores.  He is saving up for...yup, Legos.
-Dylan says the cutest "Thank You" prayers.  Even when he is asking for something he will say, for example, "Thank you that we will have fun playing with Danny tomorrow."
-Dylan has good handwriting and cutting skills, careful coloring, and he has recently moved out of the monochromatic coloring stage.
-Dylan hates to be scared.  He will scream and then get angry when it happens.  Hitting is optional.
-Dylan got a kick out of his applesauce turning green in his lunch box on St. Patrick's Day.
-Dylan sleeps with a plastic pirate sword under his pillow.
-"Revengers"=Avengers, "Octimus Crime"=Optimus Prime, "Dark Vader"=Darth Vader...there's other funny ones but I forgot to write them down.
-D: "My poop is cooler than yours because it clogs all the toilets."
-D: "If you give up on me, I'll go live with my friend, Koen."
-D to me: "You are nicer than my dad.  He always throws fits on me." (I probably get after him more, but since they are daddy's boys I'll take it.)
-Aut: "Give daddy his space.  He's stepping on you." D: "I just have to watch you so I know how to be a daddy."
-While pulling weeds with us Dylan said, "Jesus created the good worms.  He messed up when he made grubs."
-Dylan walked across the wood floor as if it were a music staff singing, "line, space, line, space, line..."
-D: "I want some new Legos for my birthday like we gave Davis.  What do you want, mom? Decorations?"
-D: "I wish you would have named me Joey the Pickle.  Or Hamster."
-D: "My favorite part of soccer was the Scooby Snacks and Capri Sun."
-D: "I wish it would rain Coltons so I could always play with him."
-D: "When I get bigger I'm going to have big nipples like daddy."
-D: "I want to eat the oatmeal out of the pan.  G-pa does, remember?"  Yup, G-pa sure does. One less bowl to clean.
-D: "Thanks for blowing up my balloon.  I feel joy.  I mean, I feel glee."
-Me: "Did you know daddy is my best friend?"  D: "Did you know he's my Valentine?" (This was in May)
-D: "It looks like you have 3 kids, but one's a dad."  True story.
-D: "Mom!  I need a Band-Aid.  My owie is about to bleed.  Every time I move my leg it feels like a baby pickle."
-We have morning snuggles in my bed and I ask about their dreams and/or for them to tell me a story.  He's one: "Once upon a time, Dark (not Darth...haha) Vader was very crazy crashing cars.  And then he went to steal the treasure.  Then he went to go somewhere that is really cool and he named it Dark Vader Town.  He got so excited and the guy said we haven't found the treasure yet.  Dark Vader said, "Find it now!""
-Then Colton said, "Once on a time a crazy Batman moved to a mountain and said, Boo!"

Colton's 3 year old stats:
height: 40 in, 95% (Dylan was 40.5 in, 97%)
weight: 36.6 lbs, 90% (Dylan was 38 lb, 97%)

-Colt used to call his forehead a "two-head" because he is two years old, not four.
-Thunder is called a "cloud bark".
-When Colt does something wrong, he immediately kisses me and says, "I won't do it again."
-Colton likes salsa on his eggs like I do.
-The boys go to the bathroom at the same time and have "pee fights".  They also fight over who gets "the flusher side."
-Colton likes his PB&J&H sandwiches cut into "4 square quarters."  Both boys like it when I write "Bread Messages" using honey before I close the two halves into the sandwich.  Bread messages are numbers, letters, shapes, or words written in honey for them to read.
-Me: "Colt, don't knock stuff off the fridge."  C: "The ghost did it."
-Papa: "Did you see the ghost?" Tommy: "Yeah.  But there's no such thing as ghosts."  Colt: "Oooohhhh" scary sound (with hands)
-Colton blames things on "the weprechauns," such as stuff falling over.
-C: "Daddy's the boss.  You're the princess."
-C: "I want to sing the temple song."  Me: "Who's on the temple?"  C: "Captain Moroni"
-C while drinking a spinach and fruit super smoothie: "I'm drinking poison."
-After his INDOOR due to rain Paw Patrol party, Colton walked upstairs to see the messy toy room and said, "What the heck in the world!?!"

-My dentist suddenly closed the office and declared bankruptcy without telling anyone.  The only reason I found out what happened is because my friend was his hygienist and gave me the scoop.  Guess who had a temporary crown and had already paid for the permanent upfront?  Yeah, me.  I had to call the dental lab in CA to have them mail me my tooth.  Our high counselor is a dentist and he helped seat the crown for me.  It was quite a saga.
-Our health insurance just increased by $180/month to $1,234.53/mo with a 6k family deductible.  The fertility treatments don't count towards that deductible either.  Not a fan of Obama's "Affordable Heathcare Act."  I know I vent too much about it, but it's quite infuriating to have it be the same as our mortgage payment.
-For 6 weeks in a row, Jessica Harston, Gaby Calvi, Meredith Breinholt and I watched an hour of the 6 hour long Pride and Prejudice and had lunch while the kids played.  It was so fun.
-Our ward played a human version of Hungry Hungry Hippos on scooters with balloons and laundry baskets.  Our team totally won.  It was the best!
-Autrey built shelves and re-did the closets in the boys' room and the nursery.  They look nice like our closet now.  He also built and painted a Lego/puzzle table for the boys so Legos didn't go all over the house.
-This summer we got Hawaiian Falls passes again and Aut meets us there after work.  Colt is tall enough for most of the big slides.  On Monday we went on the big green Half Pipe ride 7 times in a row (some adults I know don't ride it), the blue space ship one 3 times, and the blue racer slide twice.  Both boys love the slides.  It is really fun when we go now.  I love that we have graduated from sticking to the little slides to the good ones I like!
-Dylan is going to be in kindergarten in 2 weeks.  I vacillate how I feel about that.  He's so ready, but he's still my baby.  I hope I don't cry the 1st day, but with the drugs I'm taking that may be a tall order.  Although, come to think of it, Colton will probably be crying because he doesn't get to stay too, so that diversion might keep me from losing it.  We'll see.

As soon as I post about our Utah and New Mexico trips this blog will be all caught up.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment