Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of School

Today marked the end of summer and beginning of a new school year. 20 second graders walked into my classroom this morning and were greeted with this face. See how excited I am to be awake and functioning this early instead of peacefully dreaming in my nice warm bed? Hmmmm. Excited might not be the right word, but my brain is still stuck in summer mode and can't think of a more accurate/impressive word at the moment. Shocking, I know. (Ali, I may have to relinquish my title as a walking thesaurus and bequeath it to someone else if this keeps up...never mind, I guess I haven't lost it yet.) Anyway, the day went pretty well. There is always a honeymoon time during the first few days when the kids are either too tired or too shy to cause much trouble. I sure hope it lasts. If a bad storm hadn't blown in 15 minutes before the end of the day, causing dismissal to take an entire hour past the last bell, my day would have been perfect. Oh well, what can ya do? My favorite part of the day was an activity we did after I read the book Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes. Each flower petal had a part of the story the class had to put in the correct sequence. Then, the students worked together in small groups to illustrate their part. They all signed the leaves. Here is our second grade flower garden. Cute, huh?:
I have decided to categorize myself for the time being as a "profile prego," meaning for you can't really tell from the front or back that I have a baby bump. However, one look from the side gives me away instantly. Here is the updated profile pic. Before you say anything, I am well aware I am wearing black again when I said I wouldn't. I didn't get dressed with taking this picture in mind, sorry. I just happen to like the way I look in this shirt and wanted to feel presentable on my first day of school, so deal with it. Besides, it is easier to accurately compare my growth since the 20 week picture if I am wearing the same thing. Different shirts make me look different sizes. So, here are my 25 week front/belly shots:

And the close up:

It's just over 3 months until Dylan is born, and only 177 school days left...but who's counting?

5 comments:

  1. well, it is a cute shirt... :D yay for back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute!!! We love watching you and Dylan grow!!! So have you had any 2nd grader questions about your growing belly or baby Dylan...??? We are very happy, proud and excited for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first day going well! You look great-and we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you blog stalked me! It's great to hear from you. So many things have changed, like that fact that you live in St. Louis and are preggo. Exciting! Today was my first day back at school, so I get it all. Reading through the many previous blog posts I can tell you have had a blast! I also have to say that Lambert's is definitely worth the 2 hour drive! I loved it! Anyway, hope all continues to go well and I will keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that SMALL CUTE TUMMY... WOW could you be any littler then that?? SO cute I cant wait to see that little baby of yours.

    ReplyDelete