Monday, November 16, 2009

Final Countdown

I had a very busy day today, at least according to my recent standard of daily activity. I first went to my last doctor's appointment before Dylan is born. My whole life I have had very low blood pressure. However, the last few weeks it has been increasing. Today it jumped a lot, causing the doctor to worry about Dylan and I being affected by preeclampsia. With that in mind, Dr. Forseter quickly called the hospital and scheduled my C-section for bright and early Wednesday morning. That means Autrey and I will be parents in a day and a half! I am so excited I can hardly stand it. A little nervous, but mostly excited. My mom is flying in from PA tomorrow afternoon and will be here for the birth and recovery.
After my appointment, my friend Abbie King came over with little Mason to visit. Abbie taught 2nd grade next door to me the past 2 years. (Interesting side note: All of my 2nd grade team mates - Abbie, Jackie, and Bridget - had babies in August. So if you want a baby, apparently all you need to do is come teach 2nd grade at my school.) Mason is adorable and got me even more excited to be a mom. Then, Kristi Heideman came over to hang out and help me fix the baby blanket I am crocheting. If you look closely at the border you will see that each row gets shorter than the one before. If I would have continued, my blanket would have looked more like a triangle shawl. Oops. Unfortunately, that meant I had to unravel most of my hard work and basically start over. Dang border. At least Kristi said my stitching look great, especially for a first timer.


These are the last pictures you will see of my pregnant belly. Hopefully those of you who told me it was a good idea to take skin pictures are not regretting that advice. Don't worry. I think it's safe to say this is the last time I won't be too self conscious of my belly to post a couple of pictures. It will remain covered from here on out. Anyway, next time I post I will be a mommy!

11 comments:

  1. Oh! What wonderful news! I am so excited for you! Best wishes for a safe and speedy delivery! I don't know why but that made me sound like Mr. McFeeley from Mr. Rogers! Regardless, I will be thinking of you all day! Love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! I can't believe it's here already! You are so close, I can feel it! We are so excited for you both...I would call you, but it's 5 am, and though you will be getting used to that time, you have just a few more hours...enjoy girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU SHILO!!! Remember! your fav. little sister called dibs. good luck, I know everything will go great. -Desiree'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! Wow, what a surprise, sooner than you thought!! How exciteting is that?! We are so happy for you guys, you will be such great parents! Good luck and have a safe delivery!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I am so excited for you...you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW no strech mark you lucky dog.... Cute Belly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay i posted before i read... WOW Im so excited for you. I have had 3 c-sections they are not that bad really. you will be fine I promice. Love you tons and I cant wait to see that little one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck!! That's so exciting! I hope everything goes well, and that your recovery/adjustment period is short! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness! good luck shilo!!!! my prayers are with you and baby, and autrey too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! you are going to be a mom tomorrow!! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete