Thursday, March 25, 2010

Best Present Ever

It was exactly one year ago I got the best birthday present ever. That was the day Autrey and I found out we were going to be parents. I basically skipped down the halls at school all day. It was my light at the end of a long tunnel. This year I got the 2nd best gift ever from my little man...SLEEP. He has slept all the way through the night 3 nights in a row, which means I have as well. He has gone to bed around 8pm and been up within minutes of my alarm at 6:15 without waking up in the middle. He had never done that before. Two of the mornings I have gone into the nursery to see him just chilling and quietly playing with his hands. As soon as he sees me he flashes his million dollar smile and starts kicking his legs as fast as he can in excitement. Also, on Sunday Dylan rolled over for the first time from a push up to his back! He rolled over 3 times that day and has a couple times since. I was going to hold out with that news until I got a video of it, but he is not performing on demand yet and I've waited long enough. Life is good. It's my birthday, I'm starting to sleep again, and it's been warm enough to go on walks with Dylan in the park everyday (which he loves). Ah, it's going to be a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day! and yay for Dylan! Before you know it he'll be walking all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! How wonderful that Dylan is sleeping through the night. That is a fabulous milestone for parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! way to have good b-days two years in a row. i hope the sleeping at night continues for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me your best birthday was in 1983!!!
    It was... and you are a dream come true.
    I'll love you for always, I'll like you forever
    as long as your living, my baby you'll be.
    Really. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Shilo!!! Two great birthday gifts I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday on Thursday!! That is awesome that he is sleeping through the night! its a GREAT feeling when they do that!!! He is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i miss pickle! and my super-mega-awesome-foxy-hott editing sister!!!!!

    ReplyDelete