Saturday, March 13, 2010

Good-bye, Grandpa

My Grandpa Miller died in his sleep on Wednesday and his funeral was today. My dad, Meagan, Kristen, Danny, and Ashlyn were able to go to Manti and spend time with family to celebrate his life. The rest of us truly wanted to be there, but unfortunately it was not feasible to get us there on such short notice. Grandpa has been deaf, blind from macular degeneration, and suffering from diabetes and multiple strokes for years. That being said, in many ways I am relieved to know he is a better place, finally free from the pain he has endured for so long. Even when I was growing up he wasn't able to do or say very much. I am grateful for the knowledge that I will see him again and really get to know him after this life. Here are some pictures my dad's cousin sent me:Grandma Miller and her four childrenDad with Meagan and her 'special friend' named Ken

Grandpa Miller

Dad, Aunt Elaine, Ashlyn, Aunt Norma, and Uncle Russell

Military doing their salute after my dad spoke

Grandma receiving an honorary flag

At the luncheon following the funeral

Dad relaxing

My sweet Grandma (who is one of my most loyal blog readers)

You are in my prayers. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. "Special Friend" huh? haha I about died when I read this. Shilo, you can say he is my boyfriend. hehe Love you so much! Thank you for all the pictures and sharing your wonderful moments! I love reading about what you are doing and seeing pictures of everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your dad is tall!!! your Grandpa cracked me up!! Me and Will joked that he was faking his deafness! haha Bless his heart! I am glad he is relieved of all his physical burdens!!

    ReplyDelete