Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break in PA

Dylan and I flew to PA to hang out with mom and Desiree' over my spring break. Dad would have been there, but flew to Utah right before I got there to attend his dad's funeral. Dylan's first flight was a dream. He nursed during take off and slept for the duration. He didn't make a peep. It was the same story on our return trip yesterday, except for the pre-flight part. He was hungry and because there was not enough time to give him a good feeding before we boarded he basically screamed from the security checkpoint until we were buckled in our seat, which ended up being about 30 minutes. It didn't help that I was trying to hold him and give him a bottle (supporting it with my chin), carry a diaper bag, and push a jogging stroller with my mini carry on suitcase inside it. It's amazing how everyone will stare at you but just one kind soul will offer to help, and only after you drop the bottle and are fighting back tears while trying to manuver everything down the steep ramp to the plane. Mind you, I had been up since 4 am so we could drive about 2 hours to Baltimore and still catch our early flight. That was a learning experience for me. Anyway, here we are when my mom picked us up at Baggage Claim. G-ma was so excited to see her little man for a week. He gave her the biggest grin when he saw her.


Desiree', mom, and I all played with Dylan as much as we could. Mom took him out on a walk every day while I tried to catch up on my sleep. He loved the stroller rides.



Dylan and I were having a conversation when mom walked in the room and started talking. She is embarrassed because she didn't realize Desiree' was filming. I think it's funny.


Bathtub time!
Dylan's many faces...






I was excited to see some friends while I was home. We visited Coach Brown and Tiffany Metzler at the Rec Office and talked basketball.
Tiffany loves kids but doesn't usually like to hold babies.
Doesn't she look like a natural, though?

Carla and Julianne came to see us.
A few hours later, Jamie Hanselman dropped in. Dylan's wardrobe change was a result of him spitting up and having a major blowout within 10 minutes all over her. He also belched really loudly. She was a good sport about it. Jamie had been bouncing him around and doing 'Supermans' after he ate. Now we know he has a stomach like his father and can't handle motion rides very well. Autrey tossed his cookies at Six Flags on our Honeymoon.
I forgot t take pictures but we also visited Pam Weidman, another basketball coach, and Sandy Zettlemoyer, athletic trainer who helped me every time I was injured (which was all the time-sprained ankles, shin splints/stress fractures, a hurt rib, a concussion, and a broken nose).
This is the girl who decided to write her entire 10 page research paper while I was there. I stayed up until 2 am helping her edit it 2 days in a row because it was due the next day. She's lucky my services are cheap. I can't wait to see what our grade will be.

Aunt Dee Dee was holding Dylan at church when he did his first raspberry/motorboat sound.

I had fun relaxing in the hot tub, going shopping with mom, hanging out with Desiree', and having my favorite dinner (roast beef and mashed potatoes) to celebrate my birthday a little early. Thanks for the amazing week. Miss you guys already!

6 comments:

  1. Wow you have so many new pictures and videos!!! I love the picture of Dylan smiling in the March Madness post!!! He's such a cutie!!! Besos! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't grandparents the greatest? It looks like you had a blast. He is getting so big

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not easy to travel with babies and young children. I appreciate and respect your efforts.
    We had a great time having you and Dylan here!!
    It was the best!! You are doing a grrrreat job!! Love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures! It was great to see you and meeting Dylan!!!! I don't know about a natural ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comments. They mean a lot! I'm glad you had such a fun spring break because you truly deserve it! Looking forward to Easter! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shilo you look great! It looks like you had fun back in PA.

    ReplyDelete