Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Jacob?

Well, 2 moves in a row now I have biffed it my maiden voyage biking on trails near our new home. In Missouri I flipped over my handlebars coming down a steep hill over some roots and did this, along with banging up my arms: Not pretty. And the bruises are gross too. I interviewed at Henry with those legs. Good thing I wear modest skirts. No one knew. Luckily this time I didn't get hurt, except for my ego. Apparently while I was on bed rest Autrey put those special pedals on my bike that you can't just easily step off to the side when coming to a stop. I know that now. After I fell. In front of a concerned jogger. Curse the Husband for being helpful without warning me and then laughing after I fall. Ok, it was pretty funny. Then, guess what comes running across the trail? A coyote. Seriously. I'm not messin' with you. A coyote. Which is related to a wolf. Which is the animal form of this beautiful Twilight creature:

(Dad, no lectures. On either one of these approaching-indecent-but-not-yet pictures. I share your feelings about fleshy photos.)

It was a small coyote and he didn't even seem to notice Autrey and I were there. Even still, tiny bit scary to think what else might be lurking in those woods. So, to keep myself from freaking out when I go jogging with Dylan on this trail, I like to think that Jacob is just following me and keeping me safe. If that's not motivation to exercise, I don't know what is...

1 comment:

  1. You are a nut - the good kind :) The bruises - OUCHY! And Jacob - my favorite - I would take a wolf over a vampire any day...ha ha. I miss you mucho!

    ReplyDelete