Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Wedding, the Surgery, and the Crown...

That is not the title of a terrible new children's book, just in case you were wondering. It just describes the last few days in a nutshell.
1. Saturday morning we flew with Matt, Allyson, and Tommy to meet up with the Duke's/Taylor's in El Paso for Cory's wedding. Tommy and Autrey played with the airport automatic doors:

These pictures were taken at the reception. Unfortunately it was the only time I had my camera out and wasn't wrangling Mr. Busybody. The celebrations went late into the evening and Dylan finally sacked out.
At the hotel pool:2. We were at USMD Hospital at 6:30am Monday morning for Dylan's 1st surgery. He was circumcised right after he was born, but it has been causing him problems lately and for various reasons had to be done again. It was a blessing in disguise since the doctor was able to simultaneously correct another problem we didn't know about that would have made potty training an ordeal and might have required another procedure. They had to put him under and everything. Poor guy. Autrey and I were really nervous. When we got to see Dylan, I was so relieved but went straight into mom mode nursing him, asking questions, getting my marching orders, setting up the follow-up appt. and such. Autrey on the other hand felt so helpless watching Dylan with his IV still in, blitzed, shaking, and not able to move his legs that his sensitive side came to the surface. I've only ever seen Autrey cry 2 other times. It was so sweet. He sure loves his little buddy. Dylan and I went home and cuddled all day. He was a trooper. He played in the ship in the hospital waiting room, unaware of what lay in store for him:
3. The crown is mine. And not the sparkly kind you put on your head. It is my 3rd one, 2nd one since we moved here. In the next few years all of my big molars will be crowned.
I wish I could take a swim in a different gene pool, but that's the breaks. Autrey hasn't ever had a cavity, even though he is a little 'less diligent' about his brushing and flossing, thanks to good genetics. And me, I'll have more crowns than Miss USA. However, this is one competition I would rather not win.

2 comments:

  1. Fun and no fun!! Wedding and family...Fun!!
    Surgery and dental work...no fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. opperation get the pictures.. is in progress.. trying my hardest to lure them out of pappa. he's a busy man.

    ReplyDelete