Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pagosa Springs, CO

We spent Labor Day weekend with Doug and Mona in Pagosa Springs, CO. It is gorgeous up there in the mountains and was a welcome relief from the sweltering heat and humidity. We flew into Albuquerque early Saturday morning and drove 4 hours over the prettiest landscape to get there. Autrey and Doug immediately went golfing while Mona and I played with Dylan and took him on a walk. The next morning, we played on the trampoline in the backyard of the rental house: It wore Dylan out. He was ready for a nap in the crib/prison Autrey created:
We did a lot of hiking this trip. I did MUCH better with the exercise than I did last year. Remember that? I was 6 months pregnant and was hospitalized the week after I got back from Estes Park, CO because I had started going into preterm labor and didn't realize it. No Labor Day labor this time.
Treasure Falls:
Ahhh, so Dylan... Then we drove over to Silver Falls. It was definitely a more vigorous hike to the top. My heart was racing. Mona stayed with Dylan in the truck, who had conked out. He was really tired and somehow was able to fall asleep on the bumpiest road I have ever been on. There was even a sign saying small cars were not supposed to drive on it.
Very steep. I kind of surfed on the rocks down:
We wanted to see how Dylan would react to the tall grass, since he usually is not a fan. He didn't seem to mind it:
We visited the Springs Resort to 'be healed' in the hot mineral springs. It had lots of pools at different temperatures. Dylan got in the coolest one (95 degrees) and loved splashing around. The sulphur smell didn't bother him one bit. I love these pictures... ...which I didn't take, unfortunately. These are straight off their website. I decided that a camera + smelly sulphur water = a bad idea.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, really pretty pics! Glad you guys had a good time! I'm happy it finally started raining here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun place to go!! Glad you had a great time!! Love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gkad the resort pictures aren't yours. If they were, I'd be asking who the strange people are!! And if they were weirded out by you! :) It's nice to exercise and feel strong... on saturday I tried rock climbing like we did on the cruise ship... and I was shaking and missed making it to the top of the second climb by 2 feet!! Dang it! How embarrassing... especially since all the other people climbing the walls were 10 years old!! Yes I was the only adult I saw climb the wall! By the way, I will definitely do your hair and make blueberry pancakes with yogurt and fresh strawberries on top for breakfast... then we'll go for a jog, lift weights, and drink smoothies!! And Mom will take our kids for the day! Hehehehe! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, go read my blog today. I think you will be pleasantly surprised unless others have already told you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!!! I would love to watch the kids for the day!! You can count on that!! :-)

    ReplyDelete