Friday, April 19, 2013

80s Aerobics Videos

Last week our mutual activity with the Young Women was to make 80s workout videos.  Why? ... Why not?  It was so fun!

The girls:
The awesome leaders - Emma, McKenna, me, Amanda, Crysta, and Kristen: 
(I should note that the girls asked us if we did this sort of thing in the actual 80s.  Sheesh.  Kristen is the only one of us even old enough to have said yes.  And barely at that.)
 Recognize your leotard and tights, Aunt Marilyn?  You told me to take them for a costume someday.  That day came.  And everyone loved the authentic outfit.  Though I did add shorts for dignity's sake.
In each video we chose an 'aerobics instructor' to make up a routine while the rest of us followed along on the fly.  It was entertaining and a decent workout.  We talked about opening a gym: Ladies of the 80s...Just Keep Sweating (even though I'm sure that would be an infringement on Richard Simmons).  I was the only one in the room without a smart phone, so I am pleasantly surprised that the videos we made haven't been uploaded to Facebook for everyone to see.  Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!   

PS - Since our 80s gym doesn't exist, I started P90X today.  Not nearly as fun.  But Colton is almost 1 and I still have the same 12 stubborn lbs I've been half-heartedly trying to lose for the past half year so my clothes aren't so tight.  (Though I wouldn't mind a wardrobe revamp.)  Maybe in a few weeks I will be strong enough that I won't feel like I'm going to throw up after such intense work outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment