Thursday, September 5, 2013

Coronado/Sea World Labor Day Weekend

Over Labor Day weekend we went with Mimi and Papa to San Diego and stayed at the Hotel del Coronado on the Island.  Great view, eh?  A little bright first thing in the morning for someone.  Good thing we didn't get up and go golfing with Autrey, Mimi, and Papa at 6am...

We went to Sea World in San Diego.  Mom told me she and dad came here when she was pregnant with me, but I'm going to consider this my 1st time here.  With Franklin the Turtle, who liked the turtle shirts the boys were wearing:
Elmo flying fish ride:
Quick video of Autrey and Dylan after they came down the big drop on the Atlantis ride and got soaked, and on their way up the roller coaster part. (1st video ever taken on my new Smartphone, and I thought I was taking a picture.  The sun was bright on the screen and I pushed the wrong button since I couldn't see.  Still not a smart user.):
 Mimi got Dylan a flashlight/bubble gun while we were waiting for the Shamu show to start:







During the show:



 They both loved running on the sandy beach, collecting sand dollars, building sandcastles, and the COLD sparkly gold water.  I wish I would have had my camera the 1st time we went to the beach and Colton face planted in the sand within 10 seconds of being there.  He looked like someone threw a sandy baseball at his forehead, and looked like a big sand man by the time we left:





 Dylan with our 'castle' hotel behind us:


 Guess who didn't want to stop playing in the sand to take a picture?  (Trick question.  All 3 boys is the correct answer, but 2 of them are learning to humor me.):
 Pay no attention to the scantily clad Hawaiian lady photo bombing us:
 You looked, didn't you?  Sorry, my fault.
We buried Dylan.  He kept saying, "I lost my legs!"  I had Forrest Gump and Lt. Dan 'running' through my head every time he said it.  I know Doug will appreciate that:
2 videos of the boys at the beach:

 We went to a sand art competition that was pretty cool and then walked down the street to see some old ships next to the U.S.S. Midway.  Dylan talked like a pirate the whole time:
"Argh, Matey!"
 Play ship for the kids below deck of the Star of India: 


 Playing in the tiny sleeping quarters:

 Ringing the bell:
 That steering wheel's as tall as Autrey:

 We went in a Cold War Russian submarine.  NOT somewhere I would like to be with 80 other people for long stretches of time...or more than an hour.  Everything is so cramped.  Dylan's favorite part:
 All the main doors looked like this.  Sheesh:
 We didn't go to the zoo, but I did find a baby tiger exhibit in my room:

 Dylan likes to tell people all about Shamu the Killer Whale when he wears this shirt:

 Colton took my keys and tried to 'start' his little car.  Amazes me how much he picks up from watching us:
Thanks for the fun weekend, Mimi and Papa!  Dylan said, "When we're done with being at home we can go back to the beach, ok?"  I like the way he thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment