Friday, December 6, 2013

4 Year Old and 18 Month Updates

Back in May, when the boys and I were in PA a week before Autrey joined us, Autrey found some scrap wood and built this car table for the boys.  He had most of it designed and painted, but I didn't want to take pictures until it was complete.  He finally finished it a few days before my mom came out in October.  It's pretty awesome:
The farm:
The suburbs, offices, stores, school with playground, and temple complete with fountain:
Close-ups:


The Piston Cup race track:
One of our little "Frankie" lizards was up in the playroom and we had some fun with it:

2 Videos of the Frankie fun:

My friend, Carra, gave me a few highlights to try to give my 3 pieces of hair (some days I feel that's not an exaggeration) some texture and volume.  You can hardly tell I got it done, color-wise, which is what I was going for.  Now I just have to learn to recreate this blow out style myself:
I was a little bit excited that night:
On November 17, the day after Dylan's birthday party, Colton went to nursery at church for 2 hours all by himself.  WOO HOO!!!  And he did awesome.  I have dropped him off a few weeks now and each time he has done great, even with the transition to our brand new ward building by the high school.  He is always in motion, so these are the best pics I could get before church that 1st time: 
Sitting in the same toy truck from his 2 month pictures:

Goofy kid with a 'hah':


Playing with his toy gun Chloe and Cash got him for his birthday:


Video of both boys shooting their guns:
Dec. 4th in Texas.  It was a balmy 80* and we went on a bike ride/jog and to the park:
Worked up a sweat and needed a water break...IN DECEMBER:
 Just a sweet brotherly love moment?  Not exactly.  I told Dylan to put his arm around Colton for a picture and Colton thought Dylan was loving on him so went in for a hug and kiss.  Dylan didn't expect that response so this is actually them bonking heads as Dylan was trying to avoid a kiss.  (This played out almost like Autrey and I's 1st kiss.  I went in for a hug, Autrey thought I was going for a kiss, and he went for it.  It surprised me but, unlike Dylan, I was more than ok with that surprise):
For fun, look at DYLAN at 18 months 2 1/2 years ago shopping at Lowe's for bathroom tile for our new house at the time:

Dylan's 4 year old stats from yesterday's doctor appointment:

*Height: 43.5 in (97%)
*Weight with 3 layers of winter clothes on: 46.8 lbs (97%)
*His BMI was in the 75% of kids his age
*When he went to the dentist on his birthday she said his last 2 year molar...yes, 2 year...had erupted and was just about in.  And he didn't have any cavities.

*When G-ma was making cinnamon rolls here in October she said, "We need more flour and cinnamon."  Dylan, holding up his empty chocolate milk cup, piped up with, "...and more of THIS!"

*While G-ma was making eggs for breakfast she was talking to me and used the phrase "putting all your eggs in one basket."  Dylan looked at the eggs and said, "Don't put them in a basket.  That's gross!"

*Autrey was playing catch with Dylan and trying to throw the ball right to his glove.  It kept popping out, so Dylan pointed to his glove and said, "Look at my glove, dad."

*At lunch one day: "If you get peanut butter on your face, help your tongue come out to lick it off."

*Me: "I will let you skip your nap and stay awake if you promise not to bug us about watching a show."
  D: "Daddy, when I ask for a show, don't say no."

*Me: "Dylan, please eat your sweet potatoes."  
  He hides under the table and says, "You can't see me because I'm not there."

*"Dance with me, mom.  Shake your bottom line." (from a song in The Lorax movie)

*Dylan likes to brake hard and make skid marks on the sidewalk when he rides his bike.  We are working on him watching where he is going when he rides his bike and his electric backhoe.  He's almost had some big crashes because he likes to look back and talk to everyone while he is in motion.

*Dylan and Colton are both so sweet with baby Gracie Hecht when we babysit her on Tuesdays.  They both like to hug her, kiss her, and bring her toys.

*D, pointing to an ornament with my baby picture in it: "Is that baby Gracie?"
  Me: "No, that was me when I was a baby.  Every grown up used to be a baby."
  D: "Woah.  That's so interesting."

*Right after Halloween Dylan would politely ask for 1-2 pieces of candy every day.  But then he forgot about it and hasn't really mentioned it or wanted any.

*Dylan can snap his jeans by himself.  Buttons, not so much.

*Autrey likes to play Angry Birds on his phone and now so does Dylan.  

*Dylan is still in his "why?" phase, so Colton says it too.

*Dylan likes to run and slide on his knees on our hardwood floors when he is wearing long pants.  Colton copies him, of course.  

*After we got home from NM, where we ate out a lot with the Duke crew, Dylan went outside and told Autrey to "Come inside, dinner is here" instead of "dinner is ready."
  
*In NM Dylan "painted" rocks by the pool with water using cactus fruit "pineapples" with Avani, Autrey's cousin Wendy's daughter, who he calls "Bunny, my Honey" (from a book he has).  I was the store cashier they bought more purple and black "paint" from.  They were so precious and played for a really long time together.

Colton's 18 month stats from yesterday's doctor appointment:

*Height: 33.25 in, 72% (Dylan was exactly half my height at 35 in, "over 90%")
*Weight with 3 layers of winter clothes on: 26 lbs, 50% (Dylan was 27.14 lbs, 75%)
*Head circumference: 19, 61% (Dylan was 19, 75%)

*New words and phrases: "I did it!" "I see you," "Hi, daddy/mommy!" "ove you" (love you), "It a ball" (looking at the Christmas tree ornaments), "choo-choo" (train), "bwed" (bread), "ah-meh" (amen...after prayers), "ou-ide" (outside), "cwack-oo" (cracker), "bay-dos" (tomatoes), "kai" (car), "mow" (milk), "wa-dah" (water), "wobot" (robot), "happy," "tee" (tree), "chi-chi" (chicken), "cheese," "be-dah" (pizza), "sih" (sock), "Shay-ow" (Shilo...I think)

*He used to say "owie" for 'up' and when he wanted 'out', but now he can say both of those words.

*Dylan loves to make his Christmas tree "choo-choo" train go fast and slow.  Colton gets super excited, laughs, and yells "fats" (fast).  Hopefully that doesn't get him/me in trouble.

*At Halloween we learned that both the boys like "suckas" (suckers)

*Animals he knows: "a duh" is a duck, "puppies" say "woof woof,"  cats say and are called "mow," cows say and are called "moo," monkeys say "oh oh" 

*In NM he learned to say "bee-doh" (burrito) on REALLY good ones.

*In NM, Jared left his iPod ear buds on the floor after using them.  Colton put them in his ear too.  Later he found some shoe laces and tried to put them in as well.

*We were 2 rows back from Mimi and Papa on the plane back from our New Mexico trip.  Colton would stand on our laps, point, and shout out "Mimi!  Papa!" to get their attention

*Both boys LOVE to sit down and read a "buh" (book) with me or by themselves.

*He had a page open in an Eric Carle book "Head to Toe" that showed a seal clapping his hands and he clapped his hands without any verbal cues.  He then turned the page and thumped his chest like the gorilla.

*The dryer light is super fun to turn on and off.  Just ask Colton on laundry day.

*Colton uses a fork to poke food and a spoon.  It is a mess and he still uses his hands too, but he really likes them.  He is obsessed with drinking out of straws.

*Sometimes he will take a mini toy skateboard/bike/truck and try to ride it like a real one.  Funny to watch. 

*Now he loves to jump when he dances or spread his legs out wide and bounce to the beat.

*I have to hang the kitchen towel up on the microwave handle because Colton likes to pull it down from the oven and play with it.

*Colton drags his toes, especially when he runs really fast.  Which is all the time.  His poor shoes get holes in the end.

*Whenever I go out people always make comments about how cute the boys are and that I have my hands full (I guess reason being they are 2 1/2 years apart, because they are usually fairly well behaved and dressed.  And most of the time I don't like to leave the house if I'm not presentable so it's not because I look like a frazzled crazy mom).  I always smile and say, "I sure do and I love it."  Because I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment