Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving in Las Cruces, NM

We got up at 4 am Thanksgiving morning and flew with Mimi and Papa to see Nana and the Taylor crew in Las Cruces for the long weekend.  It was fun to see the city where Doug, Mona, and the rest of the Taylors grew up and to go eat at their favorite Mexican food places.  Colton wore the turkey shirt I made for Dylan 2 years ago.  It has been worn every year, and has held up pretty well, but if you look closely you will notice that one eye is missing.  Colton knocked it off while climbing all over the airport terminal while waiting for our plane.  Such a busy body.  Don't worry, it has since been glued back on and he will probably wear it again next year since he has plenty of room to grow.  

Sitting on Mimi's lap at dinner, talking to her and stealing her food:
While out on an 'adventure', Autrey and the boys found a dead deer head in the dry Rio Grande riverbed and brought it back to the rental house for me to see as I opened the bathroom door after my shower.  Yuck.  Thankfully he cut off the gross parts before Dylan started playing with it.  Then Autrey put it in the bed of Jared's truck as a Christmas present.  Thoughtful and classy, no?:
 Dylan decided to get into the No Shave November facial hair with Jared and sported this nice stache:
 I wish I would have had my camera on me when Dylan put it on his forehead and told everyone he had Angry Bird eyebrows...and also when Autrey and I pushed Jared into the cold outdoor pool from the heated hot tub next to it.  Autrey jumped in on his own briefly and decided Jared should join the fun.  Jared was a good sport.  And I'm sure his awesome thick beard kept him warm anyway.  *cough, cough*
I wish I would have taken more pictures, especially of the boys with Nana, but my camera was still full (and Allyson wasn't there to take pictures for me like she was at Dylan's party) and we were all pretty sleep deprived from traveling and being up all night trying to have the stuffed up/snotty nose/coughing boys sleep in the room with us in an attempt not to disturb everyone else.  Glad we will get to see them  again at Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment