Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Primary Temple Day and Cancer Scare (from April 2017)

This was a great experience with the Primary to the Dallas Temple, but the memory these pictures bring to mind is of going to the doctor earlier that week because I had mastitis, a UTI, and a sore throat...all at once. After looking at my protruding neck I ended up having an ultrasound on 3 nodules in my thyroid. I was told it could be cancer. That was a rough day.

Later (after Robbie's 10 day hospital stay and G-tube surgery/Nissen placement/Brain MRI over Easter...and after I had the faulty veins in my legs closed and removed that caused my blot clot during pregnancy even while on daily Lovenox injections) I had a biopsy and it turned out to be negative, thank heavens. However, in this picture I was putting on a smile and trying to have an eternal perspective, attempting to wrap my head around the possibility of having cancer in the midst of all the trials that were in my life as a result of trying to take care of a newborn who was labeled Failure to Thrive and throwing up about 20 times a day. Ironically, the nodules were deemed to be a result of extreme stress and lack of sleep. So worrying about cancer was probably making the nodules bigger. At my last follow up at the endocrinologist in the fall of 2018 I was told one of the nodules had disappeared, which is a step in the right direction. I have a built in stress barometer. The Temple was a calm amidst a raging storm.

Primary Temple Night with my handsome boys. #ilovetoseethetemple #familiesareforever



No comments:

Post a Comment