Monday, December 14, 2009

4 Week Old Update

This afternoon Dylan had his 4 week check up. He is now 20 1/2 inches long and weighs 6 lbs. and 11 oz. He had to get a heel stick to make sure his slightly high bilirubin level is due to being breastfed and not his liver or something. Also, we are going to the hospital on Thursday so he can get an ultrasound on his left hip because it is "loose" and has the possibility of dislocating. The doctor said it is common for breech babies to have this condition and it can be corrected, if needs be. Dylan is a sweetheart and is doing well. Here he is just hanging out in his swing (in a preemie outfit that actually fits him - thanks, Liz!):

5 comments:

  1. 6 lbs. 11 oz is awesome!! I was so excited to hear how much he has grown!! I honestly thought I could see that he had grown just before I left. His DNA has room to grow now!!! And the shirt that Kristen gave you that say, " GOT MILK " is a definate "YES!!" Keep up the good work!!
    Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Will he have to wear a hip brace. A friend of mine had the same thing and wore one for 1 1/2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome little man you have there!!! Yea for weight gain too!! I can't believe it has been a month already and I haven't talked to you yet!! I'll try and call soon, I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he looks so awake on that last picture!! love it!

    ReplyDelete