Saturday, December 12, 2009

Good bye, G-ma!

It's only been a few hours since my mom flew home, but I am already missing her like crazy. It was so nice to have her here for Dylan's birth, my hospital stay, and these past few weeks as I was recovering and transitioning into motherhood. Mom took care of the shopping, cooking, laundry, and errand running. She also bathed Dylan, changed most of his diapers, and held him so I could get some sleep between feedings. We had a great time talking and hanging out together every day. I know how lucky I am to have such a great mom who is one of my best friends. Thanks for everything, G-ma. We love you!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Babe...I've been meaning to comment but your little boy is SOO PRECIOUS & ADORABLE!! I am soo happy for you! Hopefully I will get to see him before he is dating girls - haha!! Also your Dylan (hopefully I spelled that right)sign is SOO Cute!! Again Congratulations! You guys will be the BEST parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I so know how you feel my mom has come and not only to you miss the help but you miss them.. (although with mine at the time I may go nutttttts) I love the name on the wall did you do that yourself?? so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mama has been here this whole time? Oh! You lucky girl! I would love to come and see you sometime this week. I'll give you a call before the kids are out for their winter break! Are you up for outings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey friend - we have a photo shoot that we need to get done before that adorable boy gets any bigger. Got any time this week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you, my dear sister, may be sad to say goodbye to mom.. but i was so happy to have her back :)i miss my little Dyl-pickle!
    -Desiree'

    ReplyDelete
  6. My greatest joys will always be times helping, playing, and being with our family. It was amazing to have been able to share in the miracle that is Dylan. You have a beautiful family! ..and the best is yet to come! i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome! that was my favorite- having my Mom there- I felt lost when she left too! Mothers are the best!

    ReplyDelete