Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Vist from G-ma

My mom flew out to St. Louis to visit and help out for a week. Boy did she come at a good time. Autrey has been busy putting his resume together and sending it out to potential employers while finishing his last semester and I have been going 100 mph trying to balance teaching and taking care of Dylan on minimal sleep (I knew that sleeping post was going to jinx me). Not to mention report cards are due this week, again. It seems like I just finished doing grades for the first trimester while on bed rest after only being in the classroom 20 days. That's probably because I have only been back for 18 school days. Only 68 days left to teach and I still don't feel like I know the kids like I should. Yes, I have been counting down. Don't judge me. Anyway, mom has been a huge help taking care of Dylan and helping around the house. G-ma with her little snugglesaurus: Dylan is a very smiley baby. Mom recorded him smiling and cooing a lot while she was here, but as you can see I'm a little too slow to get a good still shot of it. I'm working on it. Mom had fun playing dress up. Here are some pictures of his fashion show. I love his facial expressions. Notice how he stares at his right hand:

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go:
Mom and Dylan joined me one night so I could stay late and finish work I couldn't take home:

His second time at church:

BYU baby:


The east coast got slammed with 30 inches of snow, causing mom's flight to get canceled on both Saturday and Sunday. I didn't mind. I love spending time with my mom. Autrey drove her to the airport this morning at 5:15. It's a good thing she had an early flight because the airport in Baltimore shut down again 2 hours after she landed due to 20 more inches of snow on the way. We didn't have near as much snow here, but today was a snow day and I got to stay home. Woo hoo!
Thanks, G-ma. We love you!

5 comments:

  1. The way he's working the arms makes me think he's going to be good at kung fu. Sweet baby boy, and it was great seeing your mom this week. She is so nice. Aren't grandma's awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! and yay for g-ma's ;) He looks so much like Autrey. I'm still hoping you guys move close to us so he can be Tommy's playmate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of him cheering for football and holding the remote!!! I love the BYU onesie! Look at how much bigger his thighs have gotten! hooray! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel blessed to have been there. My greatest joys are family times. Dylan is growing so well. You are great parents!! He is a happy, healthy, handsome boy!! He does look like Autrey! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww he's sssooo much bigger! and cuter!! i LOVE the first cooing on and the BYU unosie!!

    ReplyDelete