Sunday, July 25, 2010

Slowly Coming Out of the Dark Ages

Guess who finally owns their own computer? I do! Well, Autrey too. But I'm really excited about it. After 5 years of using a work laptop from my teaching jobs, we finally have our own. The screen is 17" and has HD, something our TV does not. Now, don't get any funny ideas about us going all willy-nilly with technology. We still do not have cable. Neither one of us use Twitter. Autrey refuses to text message and I still don't have a Facebook account. Remember, I am the girl who didn't get a cell phone until my senior year at BYU when I was engaged to Autrey. (So stop complaining, Desiree', that you had to wait for a phone until last month for your 16th birthday. Yeah, yeah, times have changed. Blah, blah, blah.) However, we do email. I had to get a new one because Parkway is about to kick me off the island and delete my other one. My new yahoo address is shilo.duke, and don't forget the dot or you will send a message to a different Shilo Duke. And I thought I was unique. Email me so I have your address on my new email account. Don't waste your time trying to explain how to put my old addresses into my new email account. I think it doesn't work from the school account. Also, I am still very allergic to technology and wouldn't understand anyway. On that subject, I tried to switch the text color on my blog and couldn't figure it out. *hanging head in shame* Help...

No comments:

Post a Comment