Friday, November 5, 2010

Manti:Hike Up to the 'M' (in August)

We got up one morning and decided to hike up to the 'M' on the mountain. We have hiked it as a family since we were kids and no one remembers it as being a difficult jouney. That was before the roster included 2 post pregos, a grandpa, and 3 very young kids. Doctors also later found out Danny has had some health problems he is still getting resolved. The boys were heavy in their packs, but they were chill and mostly slept. Poor Ashlyn either had to walk or be carried in someone's arms. Sometimes she didn't want to do either. It was a fun learning experience. Let's just say we took over an hour longer to do what should have only taken an hour or so. We already look back at this and laugh. Going up:
The 'M' in the distance:
At the 'M': What does it stand for? The Manti Miller Mommies feeding babies Milk on the Mountain. So, I don't recommend zooming in on this picture...
From the top ridge:
How we felt:Coming down, Kristen and I were plotting what we could do to get police attention so we could ride own in a vehicle other than our own two feet. I had some good ones, but my favorite involved the scene at the 'M' and some lily white skin...enough said. The Manti police department is relieved I didn't go through with that plan and scar them for life:

So, anyone wanna try again next year?

4 comments:

  1. i LOVE it! i think that is so awesome you both did it together!!!! so great to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that is horrible and funny and terrible and hilarious and I'm glad I wasn't there and yet I kind of wish I was hiding in the bushes. You guys are good sports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you talk about how difficult the hike was... but all the pictures show a nice level path... great, we look like wimps! Where are all the pictures where we're making our own path! :) ps-Thanks for posting all the blackmail pictures of me without make up! Ouch! I'll get you my pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...I'm confused. You don't want me to post unflattering pictures, then you want me to post pics from the really difficult parts. Remember how we felt/looked blazing our own trail holding onto plants so we didn't fall backwards with those packs? No one, including our photographer, had pictures on the brain when babies were hungry and poopy and survival was top priority. So we didn't get any and may look a little bit wimpy. And you looked great, by the way. We're all just impressed you went weeks after Jackson was born.

    ReplyDelete