Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Toothless Wonder No More!

...As in, we don't wonder any more if Dylan will finally get a tooth. Hooray! Now I know how my mom felt when I got my first tooth at 13 1/2 months. Relief. On Sunday, 2 days before he turned 14 months, I was riding in the back seat with him on the way home from church. We have church from 11-2 and I was feeding him so he could be ready for his nap as soon as we walked in the door. I was almost done feeding him when he opened his mouth and something white caught my eye. Could it be? It was! I had been watching and brushing his gums a little extra on the bottom, where I expected it to come in. Instead, Dylan got his top left lateral incisor (the one next to the front tooth). At least I think so. It's either that or he is going to have a gap tooth like Michael Strahan. I am hoping for the former as opposed to the latter. Unless the football talent comes with it. I tried to get a picture, but Dylan freaked out. I decided you didn't want to see the blurry close up I got of Autrey's thumb.
In other 14 month news:
*Dylan is totally enamored with his daddy. When my phone rings, no matter who is calling, he always smiles and says, "Dada!" He also holds random toys up to his ear like a phone and says, "Hi, dad!" I hear "dada" all. day. long. It's really sweet and I love it, but I'm beginning to feel like chop liver. I keep telling myself it's because I am around all the time and he only sees Autrey at night when he plays with him and gets to be the 'fun one', but for those few hours I am second fiddle.
*When I pick him up he pats my back, even when daddy's home. :)
*It may be a result of growing or cutting teeth, but he has been sleeping in between 8-10:30am. Then he is content to play in his crib for a long time. Yes, he is a perfect match for me.
*He laughs along with Elmo after he sings on Dylan's birthday card.
*Dylan is walking on his own more and more. Sometimes he looks like he is walking sideways. A few times he has walked over to a toy, bent down to pick it up, and stood up again without support.
*He likes to throw balls, sometimes between the eyes of others without warning. Sorry, Tommy, Jackson, and Jackson. Luckily the balls were soft and none of them cried about it.
*The VCR slot and fireplace are great places to stash toys.
*Microwave beeping = My bottle is done. All the time. He will say, "Beep, beep. Baba."
*He likes tart food, without puckering: oranges, lemon, granny smith apples, grapefruit (unless it is really cold)
*He throws little tantrums over wanting control of the bowl and spoon or wanting to drink from an open cup. He spills water all over his bib, but he is so proud of himself. The other day he scooped a piece of pineapple onto his spoon and ate it all by himself. Duplicating that trick is the hard part.
*He looks at the picture of Jesus on his wall by his changing table and says, "Che-suh." After prayers he will repeat, "Meh." Nursery, here we come.
*A great day in the Duke household for Autrey. Dylan got to go to Poncho's and raise the flag, signifying the waiter to bring more food:

1 comment:

  1. I remember the wonder, worry and thinking "I hope she has teeth up in there to come in" It is a big relief!!

    ReplyDelete