Thursday, September 3, 2009

Alaska, The Last Frontier

When your closest relative lives 1,000 miles away and it is necessary for your husband to be out of state during his clinical experiences for 4 months out of the past year, you tend to become very attached to your friends. A few of them end up becoming more like sisters. Rainee and Meggan are two that I have spent a lot of time with and have come to love dearly. So, it is with a heavy heart that tonight I bid farewell to Rainee, who is moving with her husband, 4 kids, and dog back to their native state of Alaska. (I don't know how all of them lived in their trailer for so long without going crazy. The woman is a saint.) This last week the 3 of us spent as much time together as we possibly could. Rainee absolutely loves Aztec hot chocolate, so on Monday night we drove over to a coffee shop after dinner so she could get her fix. Careful, the stuff is addicting! On Tuesday night, a bunch of us went to have a BBQ at the park and let all the kids play...

...Well, the kids weren't the only ones having fun:

Rainee's twins, Aubrey and Chloe:

(They are so much bigger than they used to be!)
Wednesday night we had dinner at Meggan's:

The girls: Meggan Boston, Rainee Pontius, Liz Kearse, me, and Heather Bosshardt

The big kids: Kate Boston with Adelyn and Isaac Pontius

The babies: Aubrey Pontius, Eden Kearse, Chloe Pontius, and Luke Boston
Not pictured: Dylan Duke :)

That brings us to tonight. I came over to help take care of kids while Rainee and Ben were doing some last minute packing. Here we are saying our good-byes before they drove away:


I am going to pause from my sappy-ness to admit that I had the title for this post as "Alaska, the FINAL Frontier" until I took a closer look at the wording on the license plate. Hmmmm, I haven't watched Star Trek in years. Oh well.
Pontius family, I wish you the best! I miss you already!

3 comments:

  1. it's okay. i watch star trek too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it makes me sad to think they are gone..im still in denial. Maybe if we still talk every few days, it will still seem like we are across the street from her you know? Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, you just about made me cry!!! I haven't checked blogs in a while, and this made me soooo homesick!!!!! I miss you too, and am so sad that I won't be there to meet baby Dylan when he arrives! sniff sniff...

    ReplyDelete