Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter with Nana

Little buddy has logged quite a few frequent flier miles lately. Whew, try saying that 3 times fast. Last Friday he flew with Autrey and I to meet up with the rest of the Duke crew in Ruidoso, NM and introduce Nana to her latest great grandson. The trip was fun, but also exhausting. Due to the late flight, the layover, the LONG plane delay, and the 2 hour drive from the airport, we didn't get to bed until 6:30 am. My time, that is. I didn't even bother changing my watch since we were only there for 30 hours before we had to leave again. The house we stayed at was gorgeous. Anyone have a million dollars I could use to buy it? You will never see the cash again but you could visit anytime you like. Sounds like a bargain to me. While we were there we had a BBQ and ate good Mexican food at Old Road. The boys also went golfing. Jared plays on his high school golf team and said he 'wiped the floor' with Uncle Buster, Doug, Matt, and Autrey (read: he beat them by a stroke or two). Autrey didn't want me to share the part about him losing so let's keep that our little secret, shall we? Mona got Dylan some cute outfits. I got the biggest kick out of these shark shoes:And the close up: *Da nuh, Da nuh, da nuh da nuh da nuh*
(think JAWS) The highlight of the trip was all of the Easter festivities with the extended fam.
Silly daddy. He's sweet, but not that sweet.
1st time coloring eggs. He is sooo into it:

Tommy and Maggie looking for eggs:Poor Shorty. Since he was the biggest kid I had him hold Dylan for the picture.
All I told him was, "Just don't drop him." He looks thrilled:Sweet Maggie:Chocolate-Loving Tommy:Clueless-About-Candy Dylan:Hands taste just fine to him:Ah, the 3 ring circus that is trying to pose kids for a group picture. Autrey was trying to hold Dylan without being in the picture. He said he was a "mountain" in the background. I'm thinking he looks more like Death about to shanghai my son. Creepy, no? Tommy apparently agrees. Run for your life!We decided that having Maggie hold Dylan up was more aesthetically pleasing. She was a good sport. This is the only picture where the boys were not crying or looking around:Dylan fading fast with Papa:And he's out like a light with Nana:Mimi with her little cuddle bug:Striking family resemblance:Good bye kisses:Our matchy matchy family. I promise that was not done intentionally. Really.
You can see in our eyes how close we are to passing out like Dylan:I snapped these a few nights ago at our house just for fun,
even though it was getting dark:

Happy Belated Easter!

8 comments:

  1. When I read your comment about death trying to shanghi your son, it made me laugh out loud, so much so that it brought Ben to the computer, and then we laughed some more. Glad you had a happy easter! We missed you guys during conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I died laughing at the "dark mountain" holding Dylan picture! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! And I don't blame Tommy for running, I'd be right there with him. Especially since Autrey was probably talking under the blanket which would make it even more creepy! Fun times! Also, tell Autrey that his "baby talk" sounds like he has dysarthria!!! Cracks me up! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW... i love and ENVY your black, blue, and white shirt! Man you, meagan, and desiree' all have much, MUCH nicer and more flattering clothes than I do... I need a closet intervention by the girls in our family!! HELP ME! SOS! But really, you look really good in that picture! Not just the cute shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW #2... shark shoes-funny, boys easter outfits-cute... but poor Maggie looks like a pioneer!!! What happened!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Maggie looks adorable! I think Mona got her that outfit. You better hope she doesn't read that comment... And if you want a closet intervention, just go shopping with mom. She helped jump start my wardrobe revamp when she bought that shirt and some other things for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is definately HILARIOUS with Autrey as the death eater chair!! And Yes the outfits are cute. And yes you look great!! What a fun trip. HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shilo-- I cant believe how big your little man has gotten. Time sure flies by doesn't it. Well when do you think you will visit Utah again??? I am a photographer I dont know if you knew that, but i have a blog called www.joydphoto.blogspot.com check it out and when you are here next I would love to get together with you guys and then maybe do a family session (no charge to you). Anyways life looks good for you. I miss you and think about you all the time. Hope all is well, and hope to see you some time soon

    ReplyDelete