Sunday, April 11, 2010

Man Day

Happy Man Day, all you men out there. Man Day is a little known holiday that Autrey takes very seriously. The physical therapy program at Wash U is 80% female so the men band together to celebrate it by wearing their special shirts and doing manly things, like golfing and eating burgers. Here are a few of them at J and A for lunch on Friday:
That night Dylan and I joined up with the crew at a little bonfire where we had hot dogs and s'mores. Dylan was excited about his first Man Day. The first of many, I'm sure.What's something that real men have? Jobs. Fitting that Autrey finally decided between his offers and accepted a job on Man Day. In June we are moving to the Dallas area so Autrey can work at a private clinic doing orthopedic outpatient therapy in a town called Las Colinas. I am so excited for him! Sad to be moving from all of our dear friends, but mostly thrilled. After all, it's my ticket to an early retirement.

I guess you have to be a man to understand what Dylan and Autrey are talking about in this video because I have no clue. Bring me up to speed if you can. I guess I'm gonna have to learn to speak Man.

5 comments:

  1. Love his little man day tee! So handsome and manly. Glad you know where you're going. That's always a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Las Colinas? you need to watch High Crimes before you move there...and I'm so excited to come visit in...17 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dylan has much to say. He and Autrey will enjoy many MAN DAY'S together! We are happy for the great news and adventures to come for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This here's some very exciting stuff for you - what with the deciding big things in your future! But alas, it really stinks for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your exciting future! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete