Monday, April 26, 2010

Farewell, My Friends

Three years ago Autrey and I left BYU and moved far away from family to 'the middle of nowhere' here in St. Louis. Well, the middle of nowhere quickly became our new home and these are some of the people who became part of our amazing ward family:
The students at a graduation BBQ:
Ed and Cambria Ernstrom with Zack, Brig, and Rock
Autrey and I - sans Dylan. We left him at home with Aunt Elaine.
Trevor and Maria Gilbert with Reese
David and Val Miyasaki with Emery
Brad and Alicia Anderson with Addie
Jason and Shandra North with Jayden, Keegan, and Laughlin
Ben and Meggan Boston with Kate and Luke
Keith and Kristi Heideman
Dave and Julie Shelton with Isaac and Ryan
JJ and Tori Bell with Dominic and Amariah
Kristi, our wonderful hostess and life of the party

Meggan, my twin
A Jana sandwich
Jana and Meggan making fun of me and 'channeling their inner Shilo'. Of course I have to look like a goober pretending to be upset.

A delightful farewell tradition
Autrey is the only one attending Wash U in our ward. The rest went to Logan to be chiropractors. We went to graduation at Logan on Saturday to see our friends and say our good byes. It was hard to see them leave. I will really miss the Boston's. We were always sharing meals, having fun, and hanging out together. And oh, sweet little Kate. She says I am her best friend, always insisted I sit by her at dinner, and even named her toy pony after me. That family knows how to make a person feel special. They headed down to Memphis immediately following the ceremony. I miss them so much I actually agreed to go to Memphis in December to run a half marathon with Meggan and a few others just so I could see them soon. Yeah, you read that correctly. Try not to laugh too hard. Megg, you know I love you just to even consider doing such a crazy thing. I hope it actually works out.

I'm sad that everyone is scattering across the country, but glad I have so many good memories to take with me.

4 comments:

  1. Amen sister! Great post! Awesome pictures. Now I am off to wipe away my tears. Miss you already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...what part of Texas are you headed to? I have family & friends in Texas :) But considering How LARGE of a state that is, I am assuming you won't meet them but just in case you do....

    Also will you be traveling through Utah then?? obviously it's a Wee bit out of the way but hopefully the answer is YES!! I would love to see ya & your adorable little boy!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see your time in St Louis as gathering eternal friends...and adding to the Christmas card/letter list!! You will never forget the great times together. I am greatful to them all too for being family away from family!!

    ReplyDelete