Monday, October 18, 2010

11 months

Most days after I run and walk the trails, Dylan and I go to one of the park playgrounds. Autrey is able to go with us on Saturdays.
We also stop by the dog park to look at the dogs because Dylan likes them so much. Apparently, the dogs agree.
And now, the 11 month update:

*Dylan is wearing 9 month clothes, and size 3 shoes and diapers.
*He is finally saying the sound "mama" all the time. I just love it.

*He started opening his dresser drawers. Luckily he doesn't pull his clothes out, yet.

*Since he likes remotes and cell phones so much, I got our old ones out for him to play with. Remember my old Twinkie-looking phone? Autrey's was bigger and looked like something from the set of Saved by the Bell. They were cool at the time. They were a big hit, but Dylan can tell our new ones are better and has lost some interest.

*He has been dropping things for a while, but he is now throwing his bottle, toys, books, etc. on the ground on purpose and then lunging after them. This game is more fun for him than us.

*He still loves books. One of his favorites is a counting book that makes a tiger roaring sound when you press a button. It used to scare him, but those days are long gone. Now he sometimes will make a roaring sound to imitate it. He will crawl over to his book shelf or the diaper bag, pull books out, and look at the pictures on his own. He loves them so much I've had to glue a few of the 3-D features back in place.

*He loves to plug and unplug the drain in the bath tub, and not always at the right time.

*A few times he has been standing in the tub and starts peeing. When he goes to look down the stream stops. He looks up and it starts again. When he finally sees it he tries to grab it. Too funny.

*He is great at giving and receiving high 5. He doesn't really wave any more. Probably because he got a much better reaction from me when he started giving "High 5" and it sounds very similar to "hi," his cue to wave. I am trying to say "hello" instead to see if it is less confusing for him.

*I have been putting my hands on either side of Dylan's to teach him how to clap. Now, when I clap he puts his hands on either side of mine. Once again, I think I confused him. He doesn't realize clapping is usually done by yourself.

*Dylan loves to play with my big water bottle. He likes to hold it up to his mouth to try to drink from it. Sometimes he tries from the wrong end, but he has the right idea. He's still warming up to a sippy cup. He likes to play with it more than drink from it. I'm sure if I drank from it he would want it.

*When I am eating he crawls up to me smacking his lips, saying "num num num."

*He is getting better at grasping food on his tray, but doesn't know how to get it to his mouth. When I try to guide his hand he usually drops the food.

*We are pretty sure Dylan has a soy intolerance. When we gave him bottles using the hospital sample of soy formula as a newborn he would spit up every time, which he normally never did. Also, recently I put away my personal feelings about tofu and gave him some to add variety to his diet. I was proud of him for eating it straight without any fuss. Then we noticed little red bumps all over and he had a low grade fever. To be safe I am staying away from soy. Sad, because he is one of the few people that actually enjoys the stuff.
*Dylan has the best fake laugh/cough. It is so funny. Then he starts laughing for real. And so do we.

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! and getting so big! You're going to have a 1 year old soon!! Time flies!

    ReplyDelete