Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boo at the Zoo

Mona and Doug drove up to spend Halloween in Dallas. On Saturday we went to Boo at the Zoo and had so much fun with all of the games for the kids and treats for the parents...I mean, also for the kids. And we also saw the animals since we were there.
Tommy was the cutest little sheriff. It was decided he needed a pair of REAL boots, so we stopped at Cavender's on the way to the zoo. And Dylan got his first pair of boots as well, thereby making him an official Texan. Tommy says they look "sharp."Goobers:Waiting for the zoo train:I volunteered to bring treats for the festivities that followed the ward Trunk or Treat. The amazing Christie posted directions how to make these little beauties on her blog the other day, so I made them. Her picture (and cookies) turned out better (note to self: drag toothpick through the glaze bulls eye quickly BEFORE it hardens), so I am using hers. And I am hoping that is ok...right, Christie? After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.Ward Carnival after the Trunk or Treat:
Aunt Allyson getting a laugh out of my little pumpkin.


Parenting tidbit: If you don't want your kids hopped up on sugar until Thanksgiving but don't want to waste perfectly good candy, do what my parents did. They would sneak part of our Halloween stash and use it to stuff Christmas stockings. If my dad wouldn't have clued me in on this scheme after I got married I would have never known. That just shows how much I had that the pile didn't appear smaller. Just make sure not to use the ones with pumpkins and ghosts on the labels.

3 comments:

  1. The only thing I mind is that it appears you did not eat enough of them, honey. Seriously! You are tiny! You've always been thin, but, SHEESH. You look amazing. Now go make another batch and eat it yourself, will ya? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea about the halloween candy. We took out the stuff we didn't like from trunk or treat and handed it out on halloween night, but I like that idea if you've still got too much of a good thing.

    ReplyDelete