Thursday, February 9, 2012

1st Overnight House Guests! (in August)

This is the last of my ridiculously 'overdue' posts and I will be all caught up from the past few months. Yay! The reason I haven't posted before now is I keep forgetting to ask Meggan for her pictures to add to mine (since she is a professional and hers are much better than mine), but since she has her hands full with sweet 1 1/2 month old McKay I am going to go ahead and post them and add hers at a later point in time.

We had our 1st overnight house guests! Ben, Meggan, Kate, Luke, (and McKay) Boston scheduled a 1 day chiropractor conference for Ben in Dallas so they could come down to see us. I was sooo excited to see them again! They were some of our best friends in St. Louis and I really missed them. Coincidentally our good friends, Rod and Jana Thorley, had also recently moved down from St. Louis to Frisco so we were able to have our own little reunion Friday night. We had a blast! (And need to do it again! *cough, cough*)

Ah, my girls:And how cute are these 2 goobers?While Ben was at his conference most of the day Saturday, the day for the rest of us was filled with a pancake breakfast, watching Autrey assemble an IKEA bookcase we got in Frisco, a quick visit to the temple distribution, lunch at St. Louis Bread Co. (that's Panera to the rest of you non-St. Louisians) for old time's sake, playing, relaxing, and laughing. When Ben got back we had BBQ steak and corn on the cob and then set up a 'water slide' for the kids to play with. Pictures and videos of the water fun: (Dylan just saw the picture above and said, "It's Kate! Silly Kate!" without me saying a word. I didn't think he would be able to remember her name. Guess he loves her as much as I do. She was my little buddy. Even named her toy pony after me.)My favorite:




Then we put the kids to bed and watched our 1st movie on Autrey's new giant TV with our own personal pints of Blue Bell ice cream. It was a great weekend visit! Since they had a long drive back to Memphis they left just after we went to church. We came back to find their messages on our chalkboard cabinets in addition to mine. I kept it up there for almost 2 months until I erased it for Maggie's party in October. It made me happy to see it every day. Before the Boston's came I got all excited to play hostess and took a page out of the playbook of Christie Halverson. I made sure there were plenty of towels:
And made a 'hotel basket':











Obviously I get excited when people are coming to visit. Since August we have been lucky enough to have all of the Duke crew stay multiple times (they are coming again this weekend), Aunt Elaine and Brenda came in December, and my mom came in January. This is generally what the basket looks like when guests visit, but it changes depending on the preferences of the guests...and I take requests:


So, who's next? Seriously...

1 comment: