Saturday, July 4, 2009

Trip to New Mexico

If you are thinking, "I thought she just said they were going to Texas, not New Mexico," let me explain. Autrey and I did drive to Dallas on the 25th, arriving at his brother's house in about 10 1/2 hours. His parents also drove up from Houston that day. We stayed there the next day and Mona, Allyson, and I played with little Tommy while Doug, Matt, and Autrey got dirty playing mechanic on both Matt and Autrey's trucks. We all went to Saltgrass Steakhouse that night. (Autrey's favorite...the steak and coconut shrimp are sooo good!) The boys had to go to the airport afterwards to drop off vehicles, since Matt and Allyson were flying to Utah and would not be back in time to pick Autrey and I up when we flew back from New Mexico. The next morning, we drove 10 hours with Autrey's parents to Nana's house in Ruidoso, New Mexico for a visit. Lori (Autrey's sister), Danny, and little Maggie flew down from Utah and met us there. We have been able to see almost all of Autrey's uncles and cousins while we have been here. We fished and golfed a lot, went to see Brant's horses that he trains and to the track to watch the horse races, played in the park/river with Maggie, went shopping, ate a lot of food (some a little hotter than I am used to...ok, a lot hotter), took naps, and relaxed. It has been a fun trip. Too bad we have to leave everyone tomorrow to go back to Dallas so Autrey can start his clinical at the Baylor Rehab Institute. I guess if it helps Autrey graduate faster, I'm all for it.

Autrey playing a fishing game with Maggie

Maggie and I playing and throwing rocks in the cold "lolo" (water)

Yesterday was Autrey's 27th birthday. He was telling Lori how he wanted a big bunny cake like the one we saw the day before on the Food Network (random, I know), so she made a cute bunny out of yellow cake, chocolate frosting, and various other "ones." ("Ones" are candy in Maggie speak. As in "Do you want one?") Since today is the 4th of July, happy birthday Autrey and happy birthday America!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Late birthday Autrey! We ate a piece of pink princess cake for you! Hope ya'll are having a time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're blog hates me! THIS IS THE 3RD TIME I AM TYPING A MESSAGE TO COMMENT!!! *tear,tear* I've never tried soooo hard to just share a little note! Man alive! Anyway, Loved the cake! Nice job Lori! Do you know if she bought a bunny cake mold or did she cut the shapes? If she cut it, how did she spread the icing without pulling up the cake? I'm very interested! Props to handling all the traveling in a span of 3 days! 20 hours... Wow! Yikes, your poor bum! :) Love ya and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes FINALLY! I posted a comment! I thought it would never happen! I would like to take this time to thank the internet for keeping a connection throughout the entire comment, to the blog site for not rejecting my comment user name, and to Shilo for writing such a fun post! You love me; you really, really love me!

    ReplyDelete