Monday, December 12, 2016

End of the Year Update (since 6/24)

Whew!  It has been a long 2 days of catching up from the 2nd half of this year.  9 new posts!  That's crazy.  Good thing I'm not allowed to do much else around the house so I could finally get this done.  Here are all the random pictures that didn't need to have their own post:

Colton's sunflower that grew this summer:
 Ms. Marissa gave us a lot of Ethan's Nerf guns and weapons he had outgrown.  The boys were thrilled with their new arsenal: 
 We went to Sweet Tooth Donuts before it closed to show our support to Adam Wilson, the owner and our friend from church.  He seriously makes the best donuts.  It's too bad the location they chose ended up not being a good one to attract new customers:
 Adam gave us VIP treatment:
 July 11, free slurpee day at 7Eleven:
 Free hotdogs at Bicentennial Park with Tyson:
 Autrey built a throwing target for the boys:
 Excuse the swimming suits and helmet.  We had been swimming and bike riding earlier:


 At John Koa's 1st birthday luau at Parr Park before we left for Utah:





 Dylan decided to give his pet snake a leash so he could walk him around the house:
 This summer Dylan was tall enough to ride the tallest slides at Hawaiian Falls.  He LOVED them and rode them over and over again:

Video of going down slide:
Labor Day weekend:


 I was washing and sorting out baby Robbie's future wardrobe after I brought home newborn clothes from mom's and Allyson gave me all of Tommy and Tyler's clothes up to 9 months.  This is the preemie and newborn pile:
 And this is various sizes up to 9 months.  But keep in mind that the Miller 3 month clothes and higher are still at Kristen's house with Mike and they will be coming later.  Basically, I'm stocked with clothes.  I had to re-box everything bigger than 0-3 month because both dressers were too full for anything else.  A good problem to have:
 One of Autrey's patients brought him a few cannoli's from the Cake Boss's shop.  I love him for sharing with me.  Soooo good:
 My legs are always covered with my pregnancy compression socks, but some of you have probably wondered if I'm exaggerating about my varicose veins.  I'm not.  And this picture was taken months ago.  It's only gotten worse since then, trust me, but I don't want to take another picture.  It's gross.  A few weeks ago my doctor said that the big spot at my knee has most likely clotted.  But strangely enough, it has felt MUCH better since Thanksgiving and I can walk around again without constant searing pain.  I guess as long as I'm on the daily blood thinning injections I'm good to go and I'll deal with these veins after Robbie is born:
Playing at the park:

Checking out the fire truck at Play to Learn:
 
 
  Playing at the playground after school:
 Dylan brought his Lego City storybook pumpkin in right before Halloween.  One side was a Lego police officer:
 The other was the Lego robber:
 Getting excited for Robbie to come.  My friend, Jennifer, made me this mother's necklace.  I love it!  I had her include both Robbie and Robert in case he picks a different nickname for himself one day.  But for now I took the Robert off.:
I made this to go over his crib:
I got Autrey this air fryer for Christmas (my compromise for his pleas to get a deep fryer).  He found it early since I don't leave the house very much and see deliveries on the door step:
 The first thing he made was sweet potato fries.  Then hot wings.  So, clearly, my cravings were partially behind this purchase.  Mmmmm, wings.  They make me so happy:
 
 Head to toe BYU pride on college day at school:
 Dylan was one of 4 first graders that got the Avid Reader award at school:
 A friend from church gave Colton this knight outfit:
The boys went to Giovanni's Nerf party.  They were decked out and ready:

RIP 1993 Pontiac Bonneville.  Aunt Marilyn gave us this car 10 years ago and it has served us pretty well, all things considered.  But when the A/C goes out, it starts leaking, a light is busted, and the bumper is held up by zip ties...it's finally time to retire.  We donated it to Cars for Kids this morning.  And right on cue it wouldn't start when they came to tow it away. 
 
 Dylan:
 
7 year appt on December 5-
Height: 50.75 inches (90%)
Weight: 63.8 lbs (90%)
 
*Dylan loves 1st grade and his 3rd year of Let's Play Music piano.
 
*Dylan eats like he has a tape worm.  He eats fast and always asks, "What else can I eat?"
 


*"This magazine is one daddy will read while pooping."
 
*Dylan read WIDELOAD on the back of a truck on the road and asked what that meant.  I said, "A wideload is a vehicle that is bigger than normal and everyone needs to give it extra space."  Autrey looked at me, raised an eyebrow, and started laughing uncontrollably.  He thinks he's hilarious making fun of his pregnant wife.
 
*"Colt's beach ball is being irrational and funky."
 
*Dylan's part in the Primary Program was, "This means we should read and study the scriptures."
 
*Dylan's best baseball game this season he scored twice, got a stand up triple, and the game ball!
 
*At his award assembly on his birthday Dylan got Perfect Attendance, "A" Honor Roll, and the Avid Reader award.
 
*Dylan while praying after getting Captain Moroni and Helaman action figures at the LDS bookstore by the temple, "We're thankful for LD action figures."
 
*"Aren't you a little big to be a pregnant lady?"  Stinker.
 
*Me: "We're going to have Ms. Danielle take some pictures of us and Robbie in my belly."
 D: "Pictures aren't a matter to me."
 Me: "Well, they are to me."
 D to C: "Hear that? The lady likes pictures."
 
*After Meredith dropped him off at home after school, "Thanks, Ms. Meredith! Have a holly jolly Christmas!" She thought it was hilarious.  She told me he is the cutest little 25 year old stuck in a 7 year old body.  I adore him.
 
*D: "My instincts tell me we're gonna die!"
 
*A: "Christmas is cancelled."
 D: "Really?"
 Me: "Is daddy ever serious?"
 D: "No, dad...You've lost my trust."
 
*Mimi: "We're going to listen to the Celtic Women sing."
 D: "The Sarcastic Women?"
 
*D: "I need to work on building my muscles.  I usually work on my mind, but I need to work on my muscles too."
 
*Papa: "Here is the valet key to the Sequoia."
 D: "Why do you have a ballet key?"
 
*Me: "You're still hungry?!?"
 D: "You should know I'm hungry at all times."  (Truer words have never been spoken! Little bottomless pit.)
 
Colton:
 
*Colton loves preschool and his first year of Let's Play Music piano.
 
*Colton is super affectionate.  He still takes a nap and I started napping with him.  He always asks to have my arm around him.  I love it.
 
*Colton eats like a bird and takes FOREVER to chew and swallow.  90% of my parenting frustration with him involves the speed and quantity of food he eats.  Sometimes nagging him and shoveling food in his mouth when we're in a hurry backfires because he ends up throwing it up.
 
*"The baby will drink out of Mommy's *whispers* boobies." 
 
*A few days later: "You could have 2 babies.  You have 2 boobies!"
 
*I chocked on a grape and Colt said, "I guess you are allergic to chewing."
 
*Colt had a fever a few days before school started.  It went away, but then he started limping on and off for weeks.  I finally took him in to see Dr. Capelo on September 28th because he had limped his entire 1st soccer game and I was worried.  At the appointment he was totally fine and he just told me to give him ibuprofen around the clock to get rid of the inflammation and rest from vigorous activity for a while.  Then he was fine. 
 
*Colton's part in the Primary Program was, "Rabbits"  Seriously.  All the Sunbeams were supposed to say something that they loved.  He picked rabbits.  Goober.  Most of the kids did pick an animal.  But the bishop's daughter said "Cheese."  I knew I like her.
 
*"When I get mad I have to show my temporary (temper)."
 
*Colton's best soccer game he scored 4 goals!
 
*On Nov 3 I had to take Colt to Dr. K because he had awful bumps all over his legs and they were starting to appear on his arms.  I thought it was hand, foot, and mouth again.  It ended up being HSP, the body's reaction to a virus or a bacteria.  It's not contagious and there is no treatment.  It just has to go away on its own.  It looked like he had the plague.  His poor alligator skin.
 
*Song: "It's the most wonderful time of the year..."
  Colt: "No it's not.  Dylan't birthday party is!"
 
*C: "Dylan, Dylan, DYLAN...are you in looooove?"
  D: "No!  Why would you even ask me something like that?"
 
*C to G-pa: "Take off your glasses, G-pa.  I know you're still blind."
 
*While making cinnamon rolls with G-ma: "That dough is Texas, and that dough is America."
 
*Me: "We need to eat quick."
 Aut: "One of us doesn't do anything fast."
 Colt: "That would be me." (Haha.  So true.)
 
*G-pa: "We should get you 2 pet rats."
 Colt: "We'll name them Noodles and Meatballs."
 
*C: "I don't like chicken.  I only eat chicken on Wednesdays." (He does like chicken...and it WAS Wednesday.)
 
*Papa: "Bull hockey."
 C: "Bull hockey?...Bull hockey is a sport."
 
*C: "I have a name, a nickname, and a HICK name."
 Papa: "What's your hick name?"
 C: "Werewolf."
 
*Aut: "You went to Sonic with Mimi?  Lucky dog!"
 C: "How do you know dogs go to Sonic?"
 
The Adults...well, Me, actually:
 
*Aut came home to the house looking like a disaster: "Who fired the housekeeper?"
  Me: "No one.  She got knocked up."
 
*I had my cerclage surgery at 14 weeks on July 27...then flew to Utah 5 days later.
 
*While I was recovering from surgery Autrey and I watched all 7 Star Wars movies.  We let the kids join us for the original ones (4-6).  They loved them and got pumped for Halloween.
 
*On September 8th, I went to the doctor for an unscheduled appointment because after weeks of feeling Robbie kick he suddenly stopped 2 days prior.  I tried not to panic and wait to see if I would feel them again, but finally I decided I had to go in.  I felt sick that I might have miscarried.  I cried a lot that morning.  Then after I saw him kicking around on the ultrasound I cried again out of pure relief.  He had just shifted breech and so I couldn't feel him anymore.  I can't imagine what an actual miscarriage would feel like.  I hope to never know.
 
*On September 15th, I was diagnosed with a hernia, on the left side...the one with the massive varicose veins.  Yippee.  *eye roll*
 
*On September 20th I started having early contractions after going grocery shopping.  I have been taking Progesterone and have been on restricted activity ever since.  Autrey has been doing the shopping, laundry, cleaning, cooking, dishes, bedtime routine, etc. He is amazing.  I hate that he has to do my job and his but...this is the first time I have made it this far without being hospitalized so whatever it takes.  *knock on wood*
 
*Donald Trump won the presidential election.  I'm glad Hillary Clinton didn't win...but heaven help us all.  Lesser of 2 evils for sure.
 
*Due to pain and lack of energy, coupled with the fact I'm not doing much or going many places, I have now set a personal record for most days consecutively without washing my hair...11.  It was 10 a few weeks ago, but I found a way to increase it.  Not sure whether I should be proud or embarrassed.  Let's see, today I'm on day 6...and I even had my friend, Danielle, take maternity pictures 2 days ago.  I had 4th day hair and the entire shoot only lasted 12 minutes.  I hope she got some decent ones!
 
*Danny Wakefield jokingly suggested I look into a medically induced coma for the last few weeks of my pregnancy.  Tempting.  I'm going to tough it out.  I see me telling some good Mother's Day stories in Robbie's future.  In all of my boys' futures, if truth be told.  They will always know how badly I wanted each and every one of them!
 
*At my 34 week appointment Robbie was in Frank breech position (like a V) had a heart rate of 144 and was approx. 5 lb.  I have gained 35 lbs. up to this point. 
 
*I am REALLY grateful Mona came up here during the 2 week Christmas break the kids were off of school to take care of them, me, food, laundry, the house, etc.  I didn't have to do hardly anything and could actually follow doctor's orders.  Plus I was feeling pretty awful and hurting, so she was a life saver!


No comments:

Post a Comment