Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Trip Down memory Lane: 2nd year in St. Louis

I started reminiscing after that last post and wanted to share my thoughts while they were fresh on my mind. I would like to invite you on a walk down memory lane with me. This adventure will start with the most recent events in our lives and go back until we first met. Enjoy the trip back in time!
Autrey and I drove down with Meagan and Desiree' to Washington, D.C. for the 4th of July 2008 to hear Emily Lewis sing with the Singing Sergeants and to see the huge fireworks display along with the Lewis and Sander families: The "young marrieds" got really excited when Twilight came out on DVD and decided to have a party. The food and decorations were all red, white, and black. We all love the books better, but we still enjoy the movie:

Autrey and I went with Mona and Doug to Galveston, TX and had fun with the beach buggy. Those things are fun, but you work up a sweat. We went months after Hurricane Ike hit, but we still saw a lot of damage, debris, and water lines on buildings:
This crew of Wash U students went with us on a 2 hour drive to our 2nd annual pilgrimage to the very popular home of the "throwed rolls" to eat ourselves sick. Last time Autrey got smacked in the forehead with a roll that was intended for the table behind us. Great times...well worth the drive:

Andy and Mike sat at the table with us

These pictures are from Halloween 2008. Autrey and I were Mugatu and Katinka from the movie Zoolander (totally his idea...seriously). Loved that wig!:
At my faculty party
At the Wash U party
Jackie Chancellor and I all wrapped up like mummies by our students at our class Halloween Party
I am a den leader for the cub scouts. They got a kick out of mummifying each other.

Henry Elementary's championship kickball team with great nicknames:

These pictures are from "Draft Day" at Wash U. The students were all selecting where they were going for their last 3 clinicals that day. In order to reduce the stress, they all dressed up. I decided not to post Autrey's costume, and I think you will thank me for it. Let's just say it involved tight baby blue long johns and bright yellow underwear. Don't think about that too hard. Enjoy some of the others instead:
Austin Powers characters

The Incredibles characters
These pictures are from a camping trip Autrey and I took to Lake of the Ozarks the first weekend in October 2008:




This is at the remains of a cool burned down mansion at Hahatonka State Park

Watching the hot air balloons at the Lights Festival in St. Louis, September 2008:

Chuck E. Cheese Night for Henry Elementary with fellow teachers, Chris Chisholm and Emily Fischer:
Autrey built towers for Maggie on a trip to Houston to visit Doug and Mona:

We flew out to CA for Ashlyn's baby blessing July 2008 and met up with Maxwell and his fiancee', along with Andy Chan (2 of Autrey's former BYU roomies) at Duke's Barefoot Bar and Grill in Malibu:

1 comment:

  1. Fun album! I lost a lot of my family pictures due to some flood damage in my home in Boston, but yours are very nice.

    ReplyDelete