Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Next Stop on Memory Lane: Utah and 1st year of St. Louis

These pictures were taken during the first two years were we married and living in BYU married student housing while Autrey was finishing up school and also the first year we lived in St. Louis. Once again the pictures are in backwards chronological order.


These pictures were taken on July 3, 2008, on Autrey's 26th birthday. Autrey had his first clinical experience in York, so we stayed at my parents house for a month or so. It was fun. We decided to go down to the York Fairgrounds to check out the Hot Rod show. Here were some of our favorites:













Spa Night with Rockwood 1st girls (Meggan Boston, Cambria Ernstrom, Rainee Pontius, Alanna Franklin-9 months pregnant with Brigham, me, and Li Jensen):


My 2nd grade classroom at Henry Elementary in Missouri:







Spring Break 2008 visit to PA:


Dressed up as a princess and gangster for Halloween 2007:

Meet "Gang Green" (Andy Van Orden, Christopher Meachem, Autrey, and Eric Wagner):


In Washington at Maggie's baby blessing October 2007:





My mom's visit in August 2007, a few weeks after we moved from Utah:


My legs, a week after I flipped over my bike handlebars on a steep trail at Castlewood Park. Once I could breathe I was able to laugh along with Autrey. I fell our first weekend in St. Louis:

Doug, Mona, Nana, and Jared drove with us from Utah to St. Louis when we moved. We went to Nauvoo a few days later, once other Duke family members came in town:

Autrey and I by the statue of Joseph and Hyrum Smith

Matt and Allyson

Autrey attempting stilts before the Nauvoo Pageant started

Next to the Homestead with the Mississippi River in the background

Nauvoo Temple

Traci Purser (former roomie) came to visit our Wymount apartment at BYU:

4th of July parade with the Holdaway crew:

Alison Merritt, my favorite roomie (We were roommates for 3 years):
Autrey's 25th birthday at Aunt Elaine's house:
I caught this fish during our visit to Nana's, June of 2007. Eric was fascinated:
Our 1st apartment (671 Wymount Terrace). We lived in the bottom left apartment from July 2005 until July 2007. It was about 600 sq. ft. with no air conditioning, no dish washer, and no washer or dryer, but we absolutely loved it:





Me, Becca Schwartz, Emily Lewis, Kira Shurtz, and Joel Thompson at Justin and Jenny Lewis' wedding in the Salt Lake Temple:


These pictures are from our visit to St. Louis with Doug and Mona to scout out St. Louis and look for an apartment/teaching job for me because Autrey was accepted to graduate school at Washington University in St. Louis (ranked #2 in the nation in PT). We left the day after I finished teaching 1st grade at Ridgeline Elementary in 2007 for our trip:

At the top of the St. Louis Arch

View of Busch Stadium from the Arch





These pictures are of the bird's nest that was built in our door wreath and 3 babies that were born outside our Wymount apartment:


These pictures are of Autrey and I on a ski trip to Snowbird with mom, Kristen, Meagan, and Desiree':


Autrey and I went to visit the Miller's in Manti and do a live session at the temple (my 1st live session):


My former roomie, Sarah Baggaley, with Steve Godfrey before they got married:
Traci, Alison, and I at a Rascal Flatts concert in Salt Lake at the Delta Center:

I am with roomies Alison, Marina, and Sarah at Marina's bridal shower:
These pictures are from our trip to Las Vegas to scout out UNLV in March 2007 (Autrey was accepted here before we heard from Wash U). We stayed at the Texas Station hotel (fitting, I know):

I love the New York, New York roller coaster!

I could watch the Bellagio fountains all day/night long.



No comments:

Post a Comment