Tuesday, April 2, 2019

4th of July in New Mexico

Dylan lost his 2nd tooth the day we drove to New Mexico...and swallowed it. So the Tooth Fairy had to find us in a hotel in Clearwater to give him his silver dollar: 
The Tooth Fairy should have left more money. A kamikaze deer hit us at center mass in the middle of the day. The boys were watching a show and heard the sound but thought we just popped a tire. Absolutely had no clue what happened and weren't upset at all. The Sequoia took it like a champ and none of us were hurt. But it was totaled, just six months after we got it from Mimi and Papa, and we had to wait an hour for a tow truck to take it to Roswell and Wendell to come get us and all our stuff. The process took a long time because it was 4th of July weekend and hardly anything was open. That was a hassle. And we were gun shy driving at night around deer for quite a while.









  



















On the way home:

Our vacation comedy of errors continues...
We're on our drive back to Texas just now and Robbie unloads all over himself and his car seat. There's no changing table at the restroom where we pulled over so I have to attempt to clean him up on the dirty floor *gag* as his feeding tube brushes against the ground *double gag* and he sticks his hand in the poop...!!!
HOW DID MY LIFE CHOICES LEAD ME TO THIS MOMENT???
I actually tore his onesie off him to keep the explosion contained. That sucker was going to get trashed either way. Life is too short! I still used about 20 wipes and a ton of sanitizer because, naturally, there was no soap in the pit of despair. 🤢💩🤢
Clearly I made some rash decisions, but I was tired from being up most of the night with Colton, who now has Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease, and was SCREAMING because of the sores on his tongue and down his throat. So pitiful. Thankfully the blisters on his hands and feet aren't really bothering him, but he is bugged at the gloves and socks I'm making him wear and not letting him love on Robbie. Sheesh. Meanest Mom in the World right here.
When I wanted go home and not have to go anywhere for a long time, being forced to cancel everything and put our family in quarantine isn't what I had in mind. I still have yet to go to a pool this summer.
Oh, and our car got towed from Roswell to Albuquerque and we still don't know whether it's totaled or fixable. Don't ever hit a deer in the middle of nowhere on a holiday weekend, mmmmkay?
Someday this "relaxing" vacation will all be a really funny memory. For now I'll settle for it making a good story. #ifeellikeadeerintheheadlights
My last 30 minutes:
-Baby cries
-Crawl into back seat console to vent the air out of his tube
-D waits until the last minute to announce "I can't hold it much longer."
-Pull over and I have to get out of the way so D can get out.
-As he's getting out of car wakes up sick C.
-We buy throat drops for sick kid.
-Sick kid NOT a fan of drops.
-Start feed for baby, who is still crying...along with sick kid.
-The last 10 hours in the car reaffirm: IT'S A TRIP!!! Autrey and I have never been on a "vacation" before, but I want to go on one so badly! Excuse me, I have to fetch a Gatorade bottle that rolled under the seat...

No comments:

Post a Comment