Wednesday, April 3, 2019

G-ma's Visit for Robbie's 2nd Surgery (from Sept 2017)

Sherrie-Kaye Holdaway Miller and I arrived at noon with Robbie and he is now in surgery, with his spinal MRI to follow. It took 2 anesthesiologists 14 tries to get his IV going, so I'm really glad he was already asleep for all of the poking. Mom left to go get the boys from school earlier and I'm hanging out in the Prayer Garden, settled in for an hour or two of waiting until Stevan Autrey Duke joins me after work.
In the meantime, happy 8 months to my sweet baby, who balanced in a sitting position on his own for the first time on Friday during Play to Learn. ❤️

***10 pm update: We are just now leaving the hospital parking garage to go home. Surgery went well but he's not feeling so great and hasn't eaten much today. MRI results in a day or two. Makes me nervous 30 minutes stretched into 1 hr and 45 min. Wish I knew why it took so long to get the images. Hope we all can get some sleep tonight! On the docket for tomorrow: Snuggling all day long!
****
Dallas Temple and Six Flags: Two dates on back to back nights! It's a miracle! That's more than we've been on in the last year and a half...or more, because we literally can't remember our last date. Sad. Thanks sooo much Sherrie-Kaye Holdaway Miller for hanging out with the boys. Oh, and no one tell them where we went tonight without them! #dirtylittlesecret #coastersmakemehappy #ivoteGmastaysintexas
****
G-ma: ๐ŸŽถ "...when I'm not with you, I'm blue. Oh, Dylan, I love you." ๐ŸŽถ
Dylan: "G-ma, I think I'm going to be blue tonight after you go back home." ๐Ÿ’”

The happiness during her visits is always worth the heartache after she leaves. Thanks for the help and fun memories! See you and dad in 71 days!





 Mom made Robbie's Baby Groot costume while she was here:







No comments:

Post a Comment